Thursday, January 12, 2023

 Thursday.

First day I started getting up much earlier.  It was 5:45 am, I heard the refrigerator door open and close, decided to get up and get moving. Dishes, laundry and other things done.  I'll be over at the property hours earlier than I have been over there any time recently.

I do have an excuse for this and it is, at least for me, a valid one.  I was sick twice in a short period of time. The first one was covid and it kicked my @$$.  The second was Type A flu that evolved into bronchitis that I still have going - to a much lessor degree now but the coughing is still there.  

The 2 of those things took it out of me.  Energy levels, way down, I was only able to work for a few hours before having to stop and take either a long break or quit for the day. I feel like I am pulling out of that now.  Admittedly a bit of a ways to go

Anyway, I can't say I was real happy to get up that early and I am feeling it, but I'm still resolved to get out of here soon and get over there, get stuff done.  The big sign or fire - not sure which I'm doing first.  Fire needs to get done just because I want that eyesore out of there.  I don't know what happened to the guy that was going to give me a quote on doing that front part, he called me a few days ago saying he was over there, going to get out of his truck to look at it.  Okay?  Give me a quote once you figure it out.

Yeah, that never came.  I mean, it's just dirt with weeds on it and some small piles of dirt that need leveled. Whatever.  

Anyway, I have a full plate of things to do - I seem to always have a full plate of things to do. It's really an endless list that just keeps getting more added to it after I get other stuff done.  I gave up on the grass for now. That last time I put down all that seed and much of it just washed away? No thanks, I have other things to do right now. At least the grass still left standing came back to life after that deep freeze.  It rained several times since then.

I also have a driveway project that I completely spaced out, it's dried up enough now to dig out a small trench - by hand- and install the 1-1/2 inch pipe to drain that area out when it rains. Once I get that pipe in, I can fix the driveway with fresh dirt and then - at some point - have a load of gravel brought in.  That's money and that situation is getting tight. A single truckload I guess I could deal with, but I don't want to spend the money on a machine rental to spread it.  

I just make decisions as I go here. Some things have to be done, other things - not so much.  I've thought about a substantial loan, really thinking about a draw loan, it's just if I do that, I have to put the land and the park I've built up as collateral.  If things go south - I lose all of that and I'm screwed out of 401k savings and the cashout-refi from my  house and money that was donated. Not an easy decision to make. I actually think I could get a large loan if I wanted. The property value and the rv park value is at least 350k with 64k owed on the land.  I could basically qualify for any size loan I wanted.

Anyway, some rv park owners were saying they just use starlink residential service for wifi for their parks.  It isn't available yet, but their business version is.  The difference? A lot of money. Almost $2,800 for the equipment and startup for business, much less for residential.  I'm going to set up this verizon thing for now and see how that works.  I will keep an eye out for starlink expansion into my area. Maybe I'll pleasantly surprised with verizon output? 

Well, it's time to go. Wish me luck, lol.


No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...