Thursday, January 12, 2023

 Another random call this evening from an older couple coming into town looking for a place to park for the night. Sure! I told him the price -which is currently the lowest in town and really, as low as it gets and then he started asking for Good Sam discounts AARP. No sir, this is a very low rate already. 

I'm not giving the lots away.  If they can buy a 75k truck and a 100k RV, they  probably can afford the money to stay at a park. It's part of the deal, you know you have to park somewhere every night.  I didn't give them a hard time about it, I just said I already have low rates.  Do you have fresh water? Yes, it's delightful city water - which IMO, it really is. I drink the tap water daily.  But it's fresh water, correct? Yes, it's fresh city water.  

I could only guess they have had bad experiences staying at places with smelly/foul well water or possibly even foul smelling or looking city water. We don't have that issue, thankfully and I have great water pressure.  Then it was a discussion how to get there. It's so much easier for them to just put it into their GPS and follow the directions than to try and sit there and describe to them how to get there from where they are.  I gave the description and then gave them the address - put that in there, it will tell you how to get there.  

They found it, they picked their spot, they paid and I left.  "If you have any problems, call me". I don't expect to hear much problems from anyone. It's all brand new, everything works, they just plug in, hook up their sewer line, hook up their water line and walaah.  I haven't heard anything several hours later.  

I am getting up early in the morning again - take the boys to the bus stop. They requested I do it and I want to try getting up early again. They have to get up at 5:40 am.  They have to be at the bus stop by 6:15 am.  After that I will probably drive over there and try to get some more stuff done.  

Anyway, I really need to get that sign up.  It is 4X4 and will be easily seen by anyone driving either direction.  I spent an hour and a half wandering around Lowe's today looking for sign mounts that showed they have but they - didn't have and trying to find something that will work.  I did find something.  I got the wifi going today, that was the biggest thing and having the website change from "free wifi coming soon" to simply having it listed in the amenities.  It works well enough, I have no clue if it would work with 14 rv's in there, most parks do not have adequate wifi when everyone starts streaming and bandwidth isn't sufficient. I have nothing I can do about that right now, it is what it is.  

Tomorrow, I need to promise myself to at least get started on the sign project.  I just needed to know what kind of mounts I"m using so I would know how far to apart to place the 4x4 boards.  Really, just need to get the holes dug, the posts in and cemented.  Sounds easy, but they are going to have to be precise in their distance apart from each other - it's harder than one might think to get it exact.  If there is wiggle room, no big deal but there is no wiggle room for this and if I screw up?  So, the first post will be easy, get it set into the ground and that's that. It's the second post that's going to be  a bit difficult. 

I'll get it done, tho.  If I can get the posts in, then I just have to wait a day for the cement to set - or actually 2 days but I don't want those posts sitting there too long like that considering it's a public easement and I don't want anyone fooling with it.  

Well that's enough. I also got the third pile burning today and was surprised to find the second pile still smoldering after two days.  The last/third pile is much larger than the first two and I started fires in 4 places to get it all going.  I'll pile everything up that isn't burned after it's done smoldering and light it again.  No, I haven't had any more online reservations but at least I know it's good to go and it's showing the free wifi.  Beyond what I am already working on, I can't really do anything else to get people in there, the coffers are running dry.  


No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...