Tuesday, January 3, 2023

 There isn't any getting past having wifi available.  I've read far too many stories and far too many poll results from a variety of outlets saying that a very large percentage of campers want wifi available or they will just scroll on.  So much so, that I have my web support adding "WiFi COMING SOON!" to the web page.  And that it will, in one form or another.  Right now, I have a feeler out to the local internet company to find out what they would charge to wire the telephone poles on my property with their line to bring it to the park.  It's about 450 feet back - further really if you are going to the other end of the park.  But, it need only go to the final pole, down it and over to where I will install it not far from the pole and the power meters are right there, next to the pole.  I can run the router about 100 feet away from there on a stand and then have repeaters to strengthen the signal.  

It's going to happen and soon.  I'd prefer to try Starlink - but they aren't here yet. Just a statement that they plan to expand to my area sometime in 2023.  Unhelpful.  The local internet provider is Fidelity, they are my first choice since it's wired internet versus trying to bring it in via cellphone towers.  T Mobile says they aren't available there yet, either.  I need decent service, if they say they aren't available, Im not fooling with it.  Next would be Verizon and ATT.  T Mobile is cheaper hence I tried them first.  

Well that was fast.  Fidelity already called me back, said there has never been internet at your property, we have submitted it to our engineers to take a look, see what it will take and then we will get back with you. I mentioned that it will have to be run a ways back into the property and they said, yup, we do that too.  I'm not really sure why they called, I guess to tell me their engineers will be assessing it.  I wouldn't mind having them set up the entire thing, even if it costs a few thousand dollars.  It's money well spent to get the people in there.  

And a discussion with Verizon eliminated them as well, they said not enough signal strength. The choices are narrowing.  ATT is the only real option I would consider for cellphone tower service and I have no idea what their signal strength is.  I may very well be stuck with Fidelity, I can only hope they aren't going to try to charge me a fortune to run that line back in there.  ATT has pedestals running through the neighborhood, but they emphatically tell me they have no service there even tho they went to the expense of installing them.  It makes no sense, whatsoever, to put all of that in there and have nothing available to anyone.  

Alright, my signs are ordered.  There is confusion on the main driveway as to where to actually pull in.  I have a sign at the entrance, but it's at the back of the park and you can't really see it until you come up on it.  So now, I am having a sign made that says "park entrance, 400 feet". This will eliminate the confusion, mostly caused because the pull through sites look as tho you just drive into them from the main driveway. Now, if someone were to do that, they could still get out of the park. Just not how the park is set up, tho.  

Oh!  Now that I have had a civil, pleasant discussion with the new gas owners, the dude in the green pickup? Is now waving!  Yay!  He has also slowed down considerably.  That's marvelous news for me, I don't have to worry about contending with these people (hopefully) any longer. There are still service companies that go in there that contact out to the new owners, but they don't go in there that often.  Anyway, the dude in the pickup is in and out of there daily.  I mean, 7 days a week, they send an employee in there to check the operation and it's almost always him.  I wonder what kind of pay that guy gets to do that. They just check the liquid foam container, enter some info into a laptop and then leave.  

Yeah, probably won't be getting one of those jobs, but it IS interesting.  Ok, well I have nothing more I can do about internet right now until Fidelity calls back and I suspect that will take a minute for them to determine what they are going to have to do and what, if any, costs they are going to charge to install it.  ATT isn't showing any internet service at the address via cell signals either.  Well wait, whoa and hold up. Boost has good signal according to their map for my property.  

Anyway, it's not raining today and I need to get to lowe's, buy the correct items for the dog park gate entrance and get busy.  

G'day.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...