Monday, January 2, 2023

 Why can't I just rent a small trackhoe from the local place and dig out my own pond?  Right on the stream near the bridge in the rear.  This wouldn't cost much money and add lots of appeal to the walking people. In fact, the first people that came into the park said they started to walk back the trail last night, but stopped before they got too far.  It was getting dark and they didn't want to get caught back in there. They didn't know how far it goes. 

Well, at a brisk pace you can probably walk all of the circle in 15 minutes.  If you want to explore all the trails, you will be back there 30 minutes. If you want the exercise, you can just go around in big circles for as long as you want.  But it was nice someone else went back there and enjoyed the views.  

Anyway, I could dig out a couple thousand gallon, small pond's worth and maybe add some sort of fish that can deal with that kind of living atmosphere.  Not really for fishing, just for appearance. Goldfish actually look OK and can live in just about anything. It's just there's times of the year when there isn't much water flowing through there and sometimes nothing is moving, tho that doesn't happen often and doesn't last very long.  I mean, I really could see a pond that the bridge crosses.  

Wait, I really wouldn't even need to dig out that much. Really just need to build a dam!  Why haven't I thought of this before?  I have no clue how to build a dam, but I would be willing to be $100 there's a youtube video for it!  Probably lots of them!  

I'll be looking into that - just research for now. I have too much to do with the park itself to be diverting my attention to the woods area again. And, when I do get my attention back there again, I want tent camping sites. Money takes precedence and there are opportunities I am losing out on right now for tent camping for a few reasons.

First and foremost, the access. That driveway near the rear is dirt and it turns into mud when it rains. It's raining heavily right now and I can guarantee you, if I were to drive over there, I would likely get close to getting stuck if I drove back in there. The RV park is well before that area, thankfully.  We're talking around 4 grand worth of gravel to do the entire driveway.  Just not in the cards right now.  I suppose I could advertise tent camping to 4 wheel drive customers only.  Restrictive but it's really the only way I could be rest assured that if it starts pouring rain and they want out of there? They can actually get out.  

If I did that, then the rest of it isn't that bad.  The first camping spot is to the right and in the woods near the gas platform.  It's a nice area and I am sure people would like it. It would be a good place to start with just one sight.  I actually think I will add that tent site to the website.  Might as well try!  Now that we're past the ridiculous 8 degree and 20 degree weather, perhaps it could generate some interest.  It's not a huge money make in terms of rates, but every penny counts and I want the entire property to eventually be generating revenues in one way or another.  

If you can't tell I'm getting rather excited, it's just that I didn't expect these 2 short stays at all and the long term is coming sometime this week.  We can pay some bills with that money. It's not profit but it's a start!

Enough for tonight.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...