Thursday, January 19, 2023

 Come to learn that TripAdvisor won't show my phone number or any contact details without paying  a whopping $45 per month.  I know RV park owners that swear by it - but others also swear by the free ones I have listed it with . My park shows on TripAdvisor, there is just no way to contact me from their site.  I could see a minimal charge to find out if it does anything - at the very least an intro freebie for a week or a month?  

But no thanks. I am loaded up with enough payments right now, I just can't afford more of this stuff.  If someone really wanted to find out about my park through TripAdvisor, they can just google the name, it will come right up! I decided to try and slip in the URL in the description - I suspect they won't approve it.  

I'm also waiting on CampSpot to contact me with whatever they are wanting to know - or charge.  Well that didn't take long, they charge 10% per booking and a 2.5% credit card processing fee.  I'll do it, I already did do it, it's just awaiting them to finalize it.  

_______________

Thursday - morning

I'm awakened all night long with the pain shooting up my leg when I subconsciously/sleep turn.  I'm abandoning my efforts to get up early until this passes. The pain is beginning to subside a bit, but when tweaked in the wrong contortions?  Yeah, no fun. Not going to get much of anything done over there, either. That's all physical labor type of work and I am not going to do any of that and potentially drag out even longer the time it takes for this thing to heal. 

I've been spending the days going through endless websites listing the park wherever I can, fixing or adding things (especially pics) to sites I have already signed up with and wondering how I can get more traffic to my business.  

I'm day 3 back on Keto - down 8 pounds.  This is usually what happens, lose 10 pounds or so and then plateau there for a while.  It can't be that much fat loss in just a few days, but it's nice to see the needle going down on the scale instead of up. I'm determined to get down below 200 before any cheat days. That's going to take a while- probably a few months anyway. Mostly just eating salads and chicken to start with a few fats thrown in.  The urine stick showed "trace" ketosis last night, it's just something to show you where you're at. 

Lots of people on the Keto sites say those sticks are useless and you "must" use a blood analyzer to determine exact ketosis. I'm like, what?  This isn't a life threatening illness, or diabetes or something, I don't need to go that far with it. It's more of a motivational tool - you see the stick getting darker and darker purple, you know you're on the right track.  

I have a Keto cookbook - an actual paperback book lol - that has some amazing looking dishes in it that I want to make. I doubt anyone here will eat the stuff, but if I make a lot, I can have leftovers for days for lunches and even separate dinner than everyone else.  It's just the way it has to be with everyone else eating whatever they want whenever they want to, I have to get off of that train.  If I don't, I won't lose this fat and this will all be a waste of time.

Well, anyway, just deleted the old Facebook ad and put up a new one with a lot more pics.  As many pics as is allowed per ad, in fact.  It will reach across a 100 mile radius or even more with all the different groups I put it in going from Shreveport to almost Tyler, north and south as well.  I will keep posting these facebook ads indefinitely. Only one out of 20 groups denies the ad, the rest don't care.  Most of the facebook selling sites around here really don't care what you are putting up as long as it isn't spam/scams.  

Enough.  Just going to keep looking around for ways to reach more people.  

G'day


No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...