Monday, March 27, 2023

 I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on lot 11.  I was over there thinking - too much thinking/over-thinking I do believe - but it just doesn't make sense to not get the revenue from a lot that I can readily fill.  Waiting to see whether people will come short term or not seems to be irrelevant considering 1: they really aren't, at least not at the moment and 2: there is going to be another pull through available at the end of April. 

Losing that money for an entire month seems stupid on my part.  I'll keep 2 pull throughs open for short term and hope it fills up more than it currently is.  I've already got someone to move in in the next couple of days.  I raised my rent to $475 per month - it will be that rate from now on.  It includes electricity and the electric part is why I'm raising the rent.  I'm doing great with electricity right now, but give it a couple of months and that bills is going to steadily inch higher.  Get into June and it's going to sky rocket.  

I'm probably going to start telling everyone that the rent is going up as of 30 days from their payment. Not everyone tho. The older couple I'll leave, another guy that is almost never there and doesn't leave his AC on all the time I won't raise and another one whose trailer is maybe 20 feet long and he also doesn't have AC running all the time will have their rates kept at what they are. 

I'm targeting the people that have their AC's on all day long - but mostly that targeting is the 50 amp trailers that have 2 AC's and I just don't feel like paying that much for electricity without more money coming in to replace it.  

In about 2-1/2 weeks, I am figuring with the long term people that I will have around 10 grand in the bank. That's after paying the windshield, the electric and water bills. The water bill is amazingly low considering how many people are in there. But, I suspected the usage wouldn't be that great with people gone all day long.  That means the septic system isn't getting strained, either.  

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how much to pay myself to keep myself afloat.  But I think 3 grand is good and figure around $1,500 worth of taxation added onto that.  So it's actually $4,500 gross pay.  I still need to make an appointment with the CPA and I'm going to do that this week.  The taxes on that 3 grand may be slightly higher.  I definitely have to spend the money on an accountant, I just am not going to take that chance with the IRS trying to screw me.  I haven't paid myself anything thus far.  But it's a coming, and coming soon. 

Now, I am waiting on the electrician - still.  I have sent him 2 texts today and have received no reply.  It's been hours now.  Since I have a person paying for the use of an electrician, I'm not going to worry too much about what needs left done. I have done the lion's share of the work.  I have saved myself probably 10k worth of money.  That's not even an exaggeration, that is probably low balling it.  

But what about this shower and toilet install?  I'd like to have someone come install those for me.  Especially the shower.  I watched a very lengthy video about the shower stall installation this morning and it gave me a headache. The least I can do is try to find a competent handyman and see what they would charge.  I have the shower stall, the toilet and the sewer line is at least close to where both will go.  I just placed a request in the local gossip facebook forum.  The worst that can happen is a ridiculously high price which will motivate me to do it myself. But if I got, say, a grand quote, I'd be all over it. Yes, please and thank you.  

I just want it over with and I don't want to have to fool with it forever.  I want to get HipCamp going and for all the time it took me to get to where I'm at with the washer and dryer, I could see it taking another month.  I am not a framer, shower installer, toilet installation person.  I have to learn as I go and I don't really want to have to learn skills that I may never even have to use again.  

Oh good grief, I forgot to take a look at a potential 15th RV lot.  I am quite sure my septic system can handle another RV in there full time.  I just don't want the potential lot too far from where the pipe runs into the septic system, it will be easier to install and not much pipe.  Same with electricity, it can run off the closest pedestal and same thing, not too much wire equals not too much cost.  If I can get away with 2 grand to make a new lot, I'm all over it. That's do it myself, but that is much easier than all of that stuff in the shed, gag.  $400 pedestal, $200 at most water line, same with sewer line, $300 wiring (at most), rent a machine - $400 and a truckload of gravel - $700.  $2,100 give or take.  $400 more if I rent a bulldozer (probably recommended).  We're talking 5 months to repay itself.

Actually, now that I think of it, if I run it off the end of the line, it's going to be 26 feet to the next proposed set up. Yeah, my calculations are probably pretty close.  It will be more gravel than I need, but I have plenty of use for gravel elsewhere.  The 2 pull through lots that are short term both need extra gravel put down on one side.  







No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...