Tuesday, March 28, 2023

 Well.

Tuesday morning.

The person that came out to look at installing the shower stall and toilet called earlier to give a quote.  I don't know why he couldn't just print the quote in the same messages he was sending me to call him for the quote? He said they could start Saturday morning and be done by Sunday afternoon. It's mostly labor, I have almost all of the stuff to install it.  But, there is some labor there for sure.  I fear what quote he may give me, it sounds like he is going to want more than I want to shell out for this.  But, after I wake up  a bit more and some coffee in my system, I will be calling him. 

The idea of a loan is out of the question.  I was informed that, like most if not all banks, appraisals are farmed out to companies that do appraisals and for RV Parks? The cost of an appraisal will be anywhere between 2 to 5 THOUSAND dollars.  He wouldn't give me a ballpark, I've already come up with my own. It may be that in the end, I will have to get an appraisal if the county decides to give me some over-priced valuation on the property for the next tax year.  But that isn't a bridge I need to cross right now.  Going by other parks for sale, I'd say the place is worth around 400k.  Acreage alone has skyrocketed in this area over the last year- year and a half.  The property without anything is probably worth around 200k.  Add a park and you have minimum 400k. If I go by other properties in the region, it's more like 500-600k - but you have to be able to find a person that wants to pay that much, of course.

Anyway, putting that out of my mind for now.  I'll keep looking around for other types of loans is all I can say about that.

2 people left yesterday. Just magically, out of the blue, they are gone. One of them gave no notice - his rent is paid until the 12th of April if I recall correctly. The other? That was a bit strange. I texted him yesterday morning and informed him he is a couple days overdue for the rent, can I go ahead and run your credit card? Yes.  I am glad I got that in writing, because, 10 hours later? He texts me that he's moving out of the park and onto his parent's land. 

I've got my feelers out for people that have inquired about moving in - several messages.  One of them is moving in this week, I'll be needing two more, so I reactivated my facebook ads and notied my Google business account that i have a lot available.  It's near the end of the month, the inquiries for lots should come in.  Now, I have been getting calls nearly every day for some time now for long term, I do hope that trend doesn't stop now.  I need those lots refilled quickly.  Well, the dude that isn't due for awhile I'm not terribly pressured, but the one that left after paying the same day? Well, I will repay him after I get someone to move onto his lot.  IT doesn't seem fair to me that I should be eating this on a notice like that.  It also wouldn't be fair to him to make him eat an entire month's rent for nothing. The middle ground is once the lot is re-rented, pro-rate the days from the due date of the rent, subtract that and give him back the balance.  

So what's on for today? Well, find out what this guy wants to charge.  Go to property, start painting the picnic tables if nothing else.  Depends on what this dude tells me for a price. I won't go around shopping for prices, if his is too high, pretty sure everyone else's will be up there, too.  If you take 3 guys and give them, what? $15 per hours?  That's $720 right there plus the parts.  He's part of the crew of people working. I'd say this dude is going to want $1,500, just taking a guess paying his crew and taking a chunk of change for additional profit.  

I have no idea when the electrician will come. Par for the course.  He'll show when he wants to, that's pretty much how they operate. I will have to drop everything I'm doing, if I am doing something, and rush over there if I'm not already there.  I'll say that waiting much longer isn't on my schedule.  I need that coin op up and running and really, the only thing holding it back is electricity.  I can set up that dryer and washer pretty quick now.  Just have to cut a hole for the dry exhaust, the rest is just hooking up the electric lines to the machines - the come separately with them and you have to screw them into place, hook up the drain lines and hook up the water inlets.  The rest should be nothing more than plugging it in, putting some quarters in the slots and make sure it's going to work properly. 

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Eternal waiting games are not my forte.  I've waited for long periods of time for this contractor or his associates to come out to do whatever.  

With that, I am going to get a very long overdue haircut and then over to the property. 

G'day.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...