Tuesday, April 25, 2023

 Oh, and this, forgot to add on last post: my "new" valuation for my property for taxes for next year.  Near 200k.  They want to raise my taxes to almost 3 grand.  It's probably worth more than that, but comparing it to other rv parks? There is no way they should have valuated it for that much.

Just one other park I compared it to has 36 spaces, which is 22 more than I have, several cabins, a house and a large clubhouse.  They valued that at near 300k.  Mine is just 14 spaces, a shed and nothing else.  By that reasoning, either that other park is greatly undervalued or they have greatly overvalued mine. 

It's around $400 per month I will have to set aside for taxes alone.  That's unbelievable.  That's a lot of money eaten up for - nothing in my book. The ISD wastes money continuously and now is going to add a bond initiative to the next election coming next month.  They built this giant, covered stadium type thing for a high school.  That is a glaring waste of money, they already have a full fledged football field as it stands.

They built a brand new Jr. High facility.  Now they want even more to do more stuff to the High School. I asked one of the board members about it, he sounded just like a politician should sound: Full of s***.  I posted that on the local gossip site and hope that people will vote against it.

I wouldn't be able to pay that right now, I can tell ya.  I'm going to have to open a business savings account immediately and start setting money aside. I figured I was in for around $2,500 for property taxes AND insurance combined.  I'm pretty well screwed unless I get with it and start saving.  In 9 months I can have $3,600 saved up, which will pay for the property taxes and get me close on the insurance.  

It was just a sickening feeling to receive that in the mail yesterday.  I knew it would go up, I didn't figure they would value it that high.  I am weighing on appealing this decision - but what if it backfires and they find it should be valued even higher?

I'm going to look up every RV park in the county that I can find on the tax rolls and see how big they are, how many spaces and amenities they have and compare it.  If there is too much of a disparity, then yes, I will appeal it.

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...