Tuesday, July 18, 2023

 Yes, it's my 3rd update today.  Meh, it's my blog and I will write when I feel like it, lol.  One lot paid the full price today via cashapp (knew it was due but I didn't have to ask them for it and they've told me repeatedly they are happy at my park), the second payment was going over there and emptying out the washer and dryer coin catchers, taking those home, counting them and adding it to coins that Taylor gave to me (I paypaled her the total), which came out to $370 and then collected $260 from the New Jersey people. 

That's $1,080 for today, which usually don't collect that much in one day excepting on the 1st.  NJ people owe more than what they paid, but I'll take it over nothing. That pays for the electricity they have used and including the shed shower/toilet and then some.  I know she gets her disability on the 28th, I will be asking her again for money on that date.  

The tiller dude finally responded to my text. He won't be available until 8:00 pm to give me the tiller, lol.  I don't have much choice, get it at night or don't get the thing.  Go out there tomorrow and bake my butt off in the heat operating the thing.  It's only a mile away from here, I"m getting it tonight.  I'm half tempted to go get the riding mower out of the other shop and take it to him.  It won't be until sometime next week before that shop even looks at the thing.  

The kids are having all kinds of fun on their vacation. I was sent pics and play by play on their daily activities.  I didn't know Branson had so much things for families to do there.  They want to a Titanic mock up, apparently.  Then over to some sort of water park today.  They've been busy every day.  I can't imagine how tired they will all be whenever they get back. It was originally going to be Thursday, now they're saying Friday or Saturday.   Vacations. Usually you aren't resting and relaxing, you're go go go instead.  That's exactly what they're doing.  

I got a little jealous of the water park stuff, I love those places. But otherwise, it would cost a lot of money to do what they are doing going into all of those places with entry fees and high food/drink rates, I couldn't really afford that right now.  

I have stopped stressing over getting new people into the park. They will come - or they won't. I have Facebook and Google updated frequently enough.  Im going to start asking people to give Google reviews again, even if they don't do it - which most won't - I need to at least try.  Even if they just enter how many stars they want to give without an actual, worded review, that's better than nothing. It's been stuck at 4 forever.  

These people keep calling me, I keep forgetting to ask how many days a week they want me driving.  I'm basically hired. I asked them why it will take so long?  They only have a few trainers and they can only do so many drivers at once.  Ok, I was just curious.  Must not be a drastic issue if they can wait 2 months.  They keep warning me that if it slows down, I'll have to take loads to Georgia or Florida.  Ok?  I flat told the man that I don't mind doing that,  just don't want to be an OTR driver and out on the road for weeks at a time.  

I'm not pulling any punches on that one, if they want me staying out for even a week, I'm not really interested.  He assured me that wouldn't be the case and probably wouldn't have to go to Georgia or Florida very often.  Good, because I very much despise driving through Atlanta.  I do wonder what it's going to be like to climb into a truck after being off for a year.  I then thought, it will be like yesterday.  It's all second nature to me.  I've spent too many decades in a truck to really "forget" anything.  Maybe a bit rusty on shifting - and thankfully they have manuals only, I despise auto trannys in trucks.  

So that's it.  It's 7:30, just waiting for this dude to text me so I can go get the machine and get that over with. It can come home and be parked in the driveway overnight, I'm not going back to the park again today.  I'm trying to conserve fuel, I've been over there twice today already.  Another thing I completely forgot when I was at lowe's was a new valve for the leaking faucet.  I need to fix that tomorrow. It's just a waste of money, water leaks can cost you a lot of money on a water bill even if it is a slow leak.  


No comments:

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...