Tuesday, July 18, 2023

 So, the terminal manager didn't call and the tiller man didn't answer the questions: How much is the bill and what forms of payment do you take? He said he was going home to get some rest, I'll just wait until he's rested and can deal with it.

Why the terminal manager didn't call, I have no idea.  I won't take it as any kind of signal just yet. The power may still be out over there, he may have gotten busy with something, who knows what. I do expect that if he isn't going to call at all today, the recruiter will be calling me in short order to let me know.  She has a very bubbly personality, very upbeat, outgoing, half glass full type of person.  

BTW, the FDA has approved a new drug that apparently significantly helps people with dementia and more importantly: Alzheimer's.  I take great interest in the studies and information that comes up with Alzheimer's because of my immediate and extended family having had it, with 3 people that have died from complications from it.  

Of course I hope I don't get any form of dementia, but with my family lines being filled with it, it's something I need to take seriously.  My dad, his dad and an aunt that I know of.  Fasting allegedly helps, I do fast here and there. And when I say fast, I mean a water only thing that goes on at least 24 hours, sometimes up to 3 days.  It sounds horrible and yes, the first day can be tough.  But by the time you get to the 3rd day, it gets easier.  I thought about fasting today since no one is home and it's easier to do, but, I've had my coffee with creamer.  

Oh wow.  A new carburetor and this dude is only charging me $109.22?  Wow again! That's a great price!  I just looked up the cost of a carburetor - they are less than $20.  I should have looked that up before taking it to him, these small engines usually have the carburetors as the culprit.  But, for that price I'm not going to sweat it too much.  The comfort of taking it to a person is that they will figure it out and they won't try to get it back to you until they get it fixed correctly.  I usually hate trying to start buying stuff and figuring such things out on my own, sometimes you just start wasting a lot of money.  

That isn't the case with the riding mower. That thing runs great.  If I would have known he fixes those too, I would have taken it to him first.  If this tiller runs good and stays that way, I will be bringing the 4 wheeler in there as well.  Perhaps he can figure out why it starts acting like it's running out of gas - when it isn't running out of gas.  

So the terminal manager called. Sounds like a real nice guy, you can tell older gentleman.  It's pretty much the same type of setup as my last job, less pay but home even more often.  There is the possibility of runs going to Florida and Georgia if the local stuff slows down. He said that means being out a night or two here and there.  No problem there. It's more money anyway and doesn't mean I'll be running all over the place.  The reason it can be a daily thing is because you load one day and then deliver the next.  

Looking at the map and the locations of these plants, a person could easily load and deliver in the same day.  

But if you look at the situation, the loading plant is about 150 miles from my house.  So, go load and come home.  5 to 6 hours of driving and probably a couple hours loading means a ...

Well he called again. This time he offered me the mileage pay and what the job would entail. Pretty  much the same as the previous job excepting it's not cryo.  It is hazmat but nothing explosive.  The plant loads you, you offload at the other end.  He was discussing pressurizations so I went into detail my experience with it.  Cryo will build pressure over time and the amount of pressure is specifically related to what kind of trailer it is - vacuum sealed or attic insulation sealed - what the outside temps are and how hot the stuff was when it was loaded.

This stuff doesn't build pressure.  Turns out he was just referring to the pressure you need to build up to offload and that you have to keep your eye on it.  Yes, I am well acquainted with such.  If you over-pressurize a cryo trailer, the automatic safety pop-offs will start rising and releasing product. It's something that you don't want to happen, ever.  

Okay, I don't want to discuss that all day long, it's a couple months off.  Now, I just need people to move into my park to facilitate me being able to stave off working for 2 months - that or find something else that works.  Very possible in that amount of time I could find something even more appealing.  

Well toodlooh.  Speaking of money, one of the tenants just sent cashapp for a month's worth of rent.  Didn't even have to ask the for it, they like it at my park and said they will be there for probably 3 more months.  I have coins Taylor stuff into the wraps I need to go cash in as well. That was vacation money, tho I suspect they aren't having to spend much visiting their relatives, all of whom are very well off.  Plus I have laundry room coins, those things are getting full. I can go over, hook up the trailer, empty those things, come home,  wrap them and then take it all to the bank. 


No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...