Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Collected rents, was dragged into a very elongated discussion with 4 people and then left there.  Only to get a phone call shortly after I left that an altercation had occurred with another guest who had come in too fast - according to the dude I had just talked with - and that he had gone over and asked him why he was driving so fast.  That phone conversation went on for a while and then the other guy texted me.

Completely different story.  The man had come over, yelled at him in front of his 4 year old son and was rude and belligerent. 

So who do I believe? Well, the family with the kid are really nice folks.  The man that was allegedly yelling had been drinking and was drinking when I was talking with him.  He offered me a beer, which I turned down.  He wasn't overly drunk but you could tell he was definitely feeling it.  Still, drink enough alcohol and your tones can changes to much louder levels and much more aggressive than you may realize at the time.  

I don't care if they drink.  I do care if they start trouble with people.  I'm thinking to just change the speed limit to 10mph and that will end this problem.  I put 15 on the main driveway because the gas workers have to drive clear to the back of  the driveway which is around 1,500 feet and going that slow was asking too much, I thought anyway.  It would be nice if people would just do the 15 before and after the park area.  

Anyway, that situation has calmed down at least.  I did drive by the dumpster and saw the lights come on the camera.  Not very bright, you'd have to be looking at it to catch it.  Especially since it's away from the dumpster. Did that on purpose so it wouldn't be seen and someone being tipped off to the fact that they are being filmed or worse, steal the camera.  

I also went and got 2 of the large briskets on sale.  $2.00 per pound if you buy $25 worth of other stuff in the store.  $2.00 per pound in this economy for brisket is unheard of. I haven't bought any in a long time because of the price tag that comes along with it.  It's easy to spend $25 in a grocery store nowadays, it wasn't even that much stuff. A 5 pound chub of 73% lean ground beef,  a thing of fabric softener, some frozen creamed spinach and a thing of heavy whipping cream.  No, I'm not eating today, but I will be soon enough.  That creamed spinach looked good and low carb.  

I haven't done any meat smoking in quite a long time, I want to get the smoker fired up and spend half a day smoking a nice half brisket.  I say half cause there is no way we are going to eat a whole one of those.  These things are huge.  And since I'm going to be smoking, I want to get some other cut of meat in there, maybe pork, and smoke that at the same time.  That shoulder roast pork is on extreme sale, I like to call it, when the price of a slab of meat is absurdly low.  You don't see it often but the shoulder roast is also less than 2 bucks a pound.  Seeing that brisket on sale that low was almost shocking. 

It's after 9:00 pm, but James just left for the hospital 30 miles away to get Taylor. They are letting her loose, saying she will have to have some sort of tests done every other day, but doesn't need to be in the hospital for that.  They still haven't determined why her enzymes are high and Taylor said today that the "doctors are confused as to what's going on".  I don't reckon that hearing such a statement coming from doctors is reassuring.  But I'm sure she'll be glad to come home and get into her bed.  

Well that's it.  I'm kind of a bit - antzy? - about these 3 people that might be leaving. If they are, I could fill those lots up with railroad workers.  I hate to go ask them, hey!  Are you leaving?  I heard y'all had an issue with the park, could you tell me what it is so I can try to make things good for y'all?  But I'm not going to do it.  I'll just hope they stay and not have to deal with 3 empty lots.  

Anyway, fun day! Lol. G'nite.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...