Tuesday, August 22, 2023

 So, my aspirations to do more signs were stopped in their tracks with several situations.  First was one of the newer guys that wanted to get into an elongated discussion about how wonderful my park is and how I am "cool as f***".  This guy is older than me, lol.  "I've been in 30 plus RV parks and I can tell you this one is the best one I've ever been in. 

Alright.  He wanted a mirror, I put up a mirror after going to Big Lots and finding one that would suffice.  I don't know how to install mirrors, btw.

After that, the NJ lady informed me she had thrown the dude out and she was on her own now.  Which means, she will need rides to the store/s.  She was desperate for cigarettes so I took her to the nearest convenience store about 2 miles away.  She was also asking me for bottled water last night - there's plenty in the shed, help yourself. 

Now, when I was installing the mirror, I looked into the toilet. That is my habit now, see if anyone blew up in it and if it needs cleaned. It hadn't been blown up in, but the bowl was almost empty of water. Strange, I thought. I flushed the toilet and the water just pooled up. 

Great.  Backed up system. I go outside and the opening for the vent had let out all kinds of poop and pee all over the place. The vent isn't even on the toilet line and it is further up the line from the toilet.  I knew this day was coming. Someone will eventually flush something down the toilet such as feminine napkins or just too much toilet paper at once and clog the system up.  It's why I capped the end of the line but didn't put glue on it. It seals nicely without glue and you actually have to hammer it off with a screwdriver.  

I got it off and of course gallons of disgusting sewer water came out.  No choice in the matter, it had set there a long time without any water being added to it and it still wasn't draining.  Oh well. I went home, got the power snake we now have for the house, went back, stuck the snake in there a good 30 feet and then put the hose in there and turned it on.  After a few minutes, the water started gushing back out of the line.  

Pulled it out and decided to stick the snake in further down the line where one of the sewer outlets is for connecting rv's.  I put it in maybe 3 feet and walaah. It cleared right out.  I turned the hose on and let it run awhile.  I wanted to make sure it would get to where the laundry water enters the line, after that, it gets flooded with water and not very likely to back up.  

It was hot, I was sweating and I had that junk on my fingers.  Cleaned myself off, cleaned off the snake and put it back into it's holder, took it home and that was that.  

That was it. All of that and phone calls ate up the day.  Not that I started early, not after last night and being awake all night.  I feel oddly fine right now. I say it that way because I am operating on maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep at most? Not even that much.  I'm sure - or hoping anyway - that it will hit me sooner or later and then I'll go to bed.  

I have to say that I almost didn't clean out that line. I was so tired and I knew it was going to wear me out from being fatigued already and the heat. But, it's not a good thing to have tenants wanting to come in taking showers and using the toilet and finding out everything is backing up.  It's a good way to lose people.  

I also lost a goodly amount of railroad workers.  I don't have 5 or 6 lots available, sorry.  They wanted to move in for "some time" - must be doing upgrades somewhere - but I couldn't accommodate them as much as I wanted to. They all want to stay at the same park. Not going to be me, I won't have 5 spaces available until next month.  I do have a lady that's called me several times now wanting to move in at the first of the month. Well, she sounds like she does.  This isn't a worker, this is a person that wants to live there.  If they're decent people with decent looking trailers, I'd far rather have some of them in there.  They aren't leaving in a month, 2 months, whatever.  

It still sucked losing all of that potential income knowing that I have at least 2 people leaving next month sometime. Oh well.  

I got no applications in today considering the day filled up quickly, most of what I encountered was not planned.  One of the new guys quit his job, he's 60.  He stopped me today while I was sitting at the trash can looking at the situation.  He said no way that thing is filling up with just the people in the park. He said he would keep an eye out. Yup, my camera will keep a 24 hour eye out as well.  At least I'm not thinking wrong that that thing is full that quickly. 2 days after it was emptied it was already full again? 

No.  Just no.  I'm not the local landfill, pay for your own trash to be taken.  It just looks so unsightly driving into the park and there is this dumpster with bags of trash snow-coned out the top of it.  

Anyway, it just dawned on me that if those 3 leave the end of the month, I could fill them back up immediately with these railroad workers.  But, I hope they don't leave.  They've been there quite a while and are decent people that don't really bother anyone else.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she threw her brother out?

Lotsa luck

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...