Wednesday, August 2, 2023

 I have no update on Addler.  He is at the animal hospital, hopefully he is recovering and doing better. They told me last night he is "doing as well as can be expected" and that they have him on both antibiotics and pain killers.  I don't even know if he's coming home today.  If they want to neuter him I would imagine he's staying another night.  Or if he's even recovering at all. I only know that they were able to drain his bladder "almost completely".  Imagine having a completely full bladder and not being able to drain it out.  It all makes sense now.

Too bad dogs can't talk and tell you what's wrong with them. 

I'm still out of it. I was so tired last night, I conked out at 9:30 and then woke up around 3:30 am.  Managed to get back to sleep but I am still so tired from the previous night and hardly getting any sleep at all.  

And I've struggled with keto the last few days.  Your mood can influence your eating habits. I haven't caved - yet - but a whole container full of chocolate fudge brownies sitting there was hard to pass by.  Or just go to DQ and get a Blizzard. Or sit down and eat a plate full of pasta and potatoes.  As I said, I haven't given into it and I'm trying not to. It takes way too long to get rid of what you gain during even a short binge, it really isn't worth it.

I have been reading about enlarged prostates in dogs and I even asked an AI chatbot to list the causes and the treatments.  It said enlarged prostate can definitely be caused by having a dog that is not neutered but there are medications that can treat it and bring the swelling down.  I don't know what the vet is doing about this or what the plan is yet.  I just know I can't afford much more of this, this is going on CareCredit as it stands and tho I had full credit available, it's just another payment that I can't afford right now.  It was take him to the vet or let him die, so I took him to the vet and financial consequences be damned.  I am still planning on going to work in September, but after this wedding vow ceremony for my friends, I am going to start dumping applications out all over the place.  I have found several, local jobs I am interested in.  

Anyway, if I don't get a call by noon from the vet, I will be calling them.  I don't even know how much they charge keeping a dog overnight plus everything else they are doing.   It is also a kennel facility, people board their dogs there for vacation, but I suspect a dog in the hospital area being kept overnight is going to cost more than the regular charges. Amazingly, they haven't even asked about payment yet. Most times, the vet asks right up front how you are going to be paying for this. I guess my history there?  

I'm trying to decide whether to go to the property and bake my @$$ off in this heat or just wait until something is decided on Addler.  The best thing I can think of is to go and get the stuff I need to hook up the 20 amp outlet.  But I need to go to the property first and see what I already have on hand. Pretty sure I have a 20 amp breaker, I know I don't have any wire left but I need to measure how much wire I need. Also need to check that I have enough 1 inch pipe to make the spigot and I also need an adapter for the sewer. I have the 2 -inlet thing coming, should be here today, but I need an adapter to screw it into.  

It's not as bad as it sounds. It will cost some money, yes, but the only real expense is the wire and since it's only for 20amp, I think 12-2 wire will work. Maybe 10-2 to ensure it can handle the load.  20 amps is all I have for regular outlet on the pedestals, so I don't really need to go any higher than that.  

I've got 4 days to get this done including today, I'm not worried about it.  I'm kind of a mess right now.  Everytime I go to the bathroom, I expect to see Addler laying on his bed and, of course, he's not there.  Then it hits me he's still in the hospital and I have no real idea what they want to do next. Now that I'm a bit better informed, I will guess they are putting him on some kind of medication to shrink the prostate.  Whether they want to neuter him or not is still unknown.  But, I miss him terribly, he's really an affectionate doggy and very loyal.  I don't think I'm going to lose him now, I was uncertain about it the night I took him to the first vet and then the next morning to get him, he looked horrible.

They didn't have to tell me I should take him to my regular vet, I would have done that regardless after seeing how bad he looked.  He was totally out of it, I guess you could call it a dog's version of being disheveled.  No, worse than that. Sickly.  Disoriented.  Then, leaving him at the second vet and seeing him wanting to go home with me.  I had to just leave and let them do their thing.  I wasn't going to be helping him by sticking around and creating a distraction.  

Okay, I think I am going to distract myself a bit and go to the property and take inventory of what I have and what I need. Counting pennies here, folks.  Went through my bank account to see what is taken out when from last month. As long as Mark gets the house rent in today, I will be good. I already paid that and it ate up a lot of available funds.  I have more coming in in the next week.  Just trying to get some serious money in the business account before I have to pay that $1,700 for electric which is due on the 10th.  Yes, I have the money in there and then some, my concern is to be able to pay myself another grand if not more.  I tend to like to keep 2 grand in the business account, if I have to lower that to a grand, so beit. I now have payments coming in throughout the month.  

It's not just the first anymore.  In fact, the New Jersey people said they would be paying me today, I will be on their doorstep for sure.  That can't go on anymore. I've given them enough grace period, the lady's money comes in today, they probably already have it, time to pay up.  In fact, I think I will text her right now.  

Alright, texted her, she usually does not respond right away. Time to get out of here and do something.

G'day

No comments:

 Sitting in Gurdon using iPhone.  AC has now completely stopped working. It was working sporadically, giving me some relief but now? It’s ho...