Monday, August 21, 2023

 Monday - morning

Woke up to the door bell being rung incessantly. Ding dong- ding dong- ding dong.....etc.  I looked on the camera to see who it was, all I could see was a blue shirt standing in front of the camera.  I looked on the main camera and saw nothing out there.  I was half tempted to grab my pistol, who is this?  

I got up, went to the door and....it was Taylor's dad.  I had thought they had already left town, they had instead decided to see Taylor one last time before leaving for another family member that lives maybe 60 miles away.  

The weekend is over, busy as it was. The wedding was awesome, it was truly something to behold.  Emotion was running high in that room where it was being held, at the Elks Lodge to be precise.   They married at a discrete and hardly known get together with a JOP 10 years ago and now they were making up for the lack of a more proper event with all of their friends and family around.   Replete with a DJ playing their favorite types of music and people dancing, the night was grand and the atmosphere was energetic. 

Yesterday a bit more low key. The boys wanted to go to church, I didn't much feel like it but decided to take them anyway.  It was an interesting message. Straight back to the house after church - lots of taco fixing left over from the night before.  Over to the property, Taylor's dad was going to take an overhead video of the park with his drone.  Unfortunately, the drone wouldn't work.  Try as he might, the thing wouldn't come on. He finally got an error message about it being too hot.  

I left them to fiddle with that thing while I went back to the entrance back into the woods with a chain saw to cut down the felled trees from that big storm. It was so hot, it took it out of me. By the time I was almost done, they showed up in 2 vehicles.  I warned them of weeds, they didn't care and drove back there anyway.  They never got the drone running, which was disappointing. The trade off was to fire off the AR-15's and other firearms at our little shooting range replete with a 10 foot (at least) high berm to stop any rounds from going any further than the targets.  

After firing off the AR, shotgun, pistols, watching the boys being helped to fire off  a few different types of guns, one of Jame's friends showed up.  He pulled out a large cache of firearms and ammo, of which he offered me to shoot several of them.  I have to tell you, it is easy to see how an AR-15 can do so much damage at these mass shootings in such a short period of time. With 30 round magazines, you can inflict a lot of damage quickly. It's very easy to rapid-fire the things just pulling the trigger repeatedly and quickly. 

I'm not in agreement with banning them, I'm just saying it's massive fire power that can inflict serious damage in the wrong hands. However, the holes left behind with a 12 gauge shotgun using slugs is far superior to anything else we had out there. I don't much care to shoot them because of the recoil, but I did shoot mine and the other guy's 12 gauge off a few times.  

After that, we went home and then off to a local Mexican food restaurant to cap off the day and the vibrant weekend full of activities. It was like being on vacation without going out of town.  

I was feeling very sluggish this morning, if that door bell hadn't gone off I would have slept much longer, I do believe.  I'm going on a 3 day fast starting today.  I want to clean my system of toxins as much as possible and see if I can start feeling better than what I have been since getting sick.  I kind of cheated on it tho, I had some black coffee, no sugar and no cream.  That's it tho for the day.  I will be drinking water the rest of the day and then tomorrow, try to go without coffee at all. The problem is I will probably get bad headaches tomorrow afternoon for lack of caffeine.  

It is time to start filling out complete applications.  I have mostly just been filling out short versions of them that are found online.  But when you do that, they just send you emails saying you need to fill out a complete application.  Ok, what is the point of filling out the short version of it then?  Whatever.  I'm going to run over to the park, check everything out, clean the toilet and the shower stall and write down the infractions one certain lot of new people are committing and contact them.  They have too much stuff outside and it's now lining their driveway plus spilling over to the next lot. The next lot is currently empty.  They also parked their boat next to the shed in between the doggy park and shed without my permission. 

I don't want it there, thanks.  I have a huge parking area behind the shed where they had it, why they moved it over there is unknown. They are taking far too many liberties and it's time to reel them in.  They are closing in on a month's worth of occupancy.  It's just too cluttered and looks trashy.  It's kind of annoying, they have been living in an RV for along period of time, they know how RV parks operate, taking these kinds of liberties is a bit ridiculous.  

Anyway, now that I am awake, coffeed and feeling ok, it's time to get over there, get that stuff done and then come home and start the application process. And a process it is!  Just one application can take up to an hour depending on how much information they are wanting. 










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just guessing, but the point of the short app may be that they do NOT ask everyone who sends one to fill out long one.

BenB said...

That might be it. Weeding out people they don't want to keep going over paperwork to a minimum.

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...