Monday, August 21, 2023

 The dumpster is overflowing.  Again.  I think I may have to have it moved to near the amenities shed.  I just can't with people apparently driving in there and dumping their trash that don't live/stay at my park.  I mean, it's overflowing to where there was a bag of trash laying on the ground. Pickup isn't until Wednesday morning. 

I very much suspect the house across the street are at least some of the culprits.  They don't ever have their trash can at the curb anymore - I would know, I'm there daily.  That is the place that had trash laying all over the place for 2 months or longer and finally, one day, they had it all cleaned up.  If it weren't so disgusting, I would go through some of those bags of trash and see if there is any identifying papers in there such as power bills or whatever to see if I can figure out what's going on.  

It is possible, I suppose, that my guests/tenants are throwing away that much trash, but not likely.  There are plenty of weeks where the thing is half full and the same number of guests at the park.  The time I found the thing half full of attic style insulation clued me in on the idea that someone - or lots of someone's - is driving up my driveway, dumping their trash and leaving.  Who knows.

I cut a fallen tree up into pieces in the vehicle storage area behind the shed, mowed the area where that boat was and then contacted them. Please move that boat back behind the shed, I don't want it where you parked it.  Also, please back your vehicles up a bit closer to your trailer so the front ends aren't jutting out so far into the driveway and please bring back the ladder you borrowed if you are done with it.  They had, amazingly, cleaned up all of that mess that was along the front of the driveway without my asking them. 

She (I thought it was the guy's number I was texting) contacted me back and said yes sir, I will have my husband move the boat when he gets home, we will park closer to the trailer and he will bring back your ladder.  

Thank you!

Scrubbed the toilet and the shower stall - they weren't too bad but I think it necessary to spray bleach on them often to keep bacteria/fungus away.  I have a gallon of bleach that I am going to start pouring into a spray bottle now that my bottle of store brand cleaner is empty.  

There was a lot of quarters in those machine quarter holding boxes.  I was surprised. I decided out of the blue to check it.  I will be putting those into wraps and turning them into the business account before the end of the month. Every little bit helps.  

A newer tenant asked me "a small request"- which was to put up a mirror in the bathroom. Yup, he's right, I should have done that a while back. I am currently looking for a used one, tho, new ones are pricey.  Even basic stuff is $60. That may not be pricey but I'm counting my dollars now and trying to keep expenses down to the bare minimum.  Lowe's was pricey, Walmart didn't have the style I am looking for. Good will have this itty, bitty little thing.  I got home and got on my computer and saw that Big Lots has a large, square mirror for a good price. 

So, I will head back up there later on and see it in person.  Oh, well I did go to buy a mirror at someone's house before all of that. There was a reason they didn't show the bottom of the mirror in the pic.  It has these ugly leg looking things on it and the wood was cracked in 2 places.  I am not interested in ugly.  You sure you don't want it? Yes, I'm sure...getting into my vehicle to leave.  They must have been desperate. Good, take a full pic of the thing and show what the whole thing looks like.  

There is another mirror that has the entire thing in the pic and doing close up of it, there is nothing wrong with it. However, it's clear over in Bossier City, quite the drive for just a mirror.  I've pretty much decided the Big Lots mirror will the "The One".  I don't particularly feel the need to drive over 40 miles each way for a mirror. The cost of the fuel will make the price not worth it alone.  I don't have a fuel economical vehicle.  

Jobs.  Well, that accident I had not long ago is causing me to have to bypass lots of stuff I was interested in.  "No at-fault/preventable accidents within the last 2 years".  That ain't me, unfortunately.  There's still some local stuff I don't see any verbiage like that written in there, so I'm going to do the full blown applications.  Right now, I know I have a job lined up with Oregon orientation if nothing else works out, that has me home daily or at least very often.  I figured it would be a chore finding something with an accident and the accompanying ticket plus the fact I haven't driven a truck in a year.  Most companies really aren't saying much about that - 1 year's driving experience within the last 3 years is what I see a lot of.  

 My fasting has started, easy enough right now.  This evening it will get more difficult and then tomorrow will probably be rough. By Wednesday I'll either be starving to death or the hunger will fade away.  It happens that way - at the 3 day mark you find you're not as hungry as the 2 previous days.  It would actually be good to go 8 or more days, I doubt I'll last that long, just shooting for 3 right now.  

I don't remember when the last, measurable rain was, I think it was that big storm that knocked out power for almost 7 days, that's been a while back.  Everything is dried out and the county is under a burn ban along with the city.  If we don't water the grass soon, that will also die out.  Need to do that tonight.  

___________________

Everything cut short.  I was in my bedroom watching TV with the boys when the phone rang. It was Taylor, can you get James? He isn't answering his phone.

A short time later, she is home, I am hearing the doctor told her she needs to go to the hospital immediately, enzymes are too high, some sort of condition that could be caused that shuts down the liver and kidneys and that she should go into a seizure.  Well, we all loaded up into the vehicle and drove 2 towns over, the local hospital here is ER stuff only.  

Up into her room, said our goodbyes but still went out to eat for James birthday today.  Just that Taylor was not with us.  

On the way home - she is being held for 24 hours for observation - she texted a pic of the tubes in her and then they told her her blood pressure had come down on it's own.  So who knows.  

And then a text from the NJ people - we are going to pay up to whatever is owed on Friday I think they said.  

And a phone call from someone wanting to come in late tonight.  Settled that and yet another person that wants to have 3 of them move into the park, which sets up a conundrum of what to do.  Cancel everything and hope they show up?  Or say no, I just have - I think 2 available.  I dunno, I told him I would call back tomorrow.  I need to look at everything and see who said they are only staying a short time.  There's 2 lots that are in that condition with one month stays but they are nowhere near having had been there a month yet.  I've got 3 empty lots, I think he said next week.  But they won't be empty next month for 3 days, running the same days, for 2 lots.  

Anyway, I'm tired and will just go into that tomorrow. 

No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...