Tuesday, August 8, 2023

 I'm still looking around for Addler all the time.  I just can't shake it.  I look, then it pops in my head: he's not here.  His ashes are back, I am going to go get them but I am not going to spread them until the memorial is created and whoever in the family that wants to go - has the opportunity to go.  

The trucking company called today.  They are still a go for me to join their company, so for now at least, it's a go for me as well.  I don't much care for the idea of being out of town for 2 or 3 weeks........but if it works out, it will be worth it.  You never trust everything they say.  In fact, you pretty much don't trust anything they tell you.  Some of them lie, some of them exaggerate, others are told what it is and they just relay that info on, notwithstanding the fact that information is false or misleading. I'm referring to trucking company recruiters.  

You end up finding out what the truth is when you start working for them and get into the routine and see what they are actually about versus what they told you on the phone.  

I've got the propane setup ready for the RV. It was a pain but I got that line off of there, got it attached to a new line and now just have to wait until she is off work and can test it.  Not today, she's working today and she told me she is off work tomorrow.  So tomorrow it is.  

I went to Jucy's today to find out how to go about getting the taco kits ordered for the wedding reception.  There were 20 teachers in line in front of me and 6 more came in behind me.  They were in for training all week long and were let go for an hour for lunch, so I let the teachers behind me go ahead of me.  I know what it's like to have a rushed lunch because there isn't enough time.  

But it was quite simple, really. You don't have to order 2 weeks ahead. They will make as much as you need the day you need it. I said, well, it's going to be enough for 40 people, you can do that right now?  Yes, we do it frequently.  Ok!  So, I will call them the day of the wedding when they open, tell them I want to pick them up at 4:30 sharp and take them over to the Elks Lodge. The ceremony is at 5, it is going to be short, sweet and to the point and then the food/reception directly after, right there.  There will be fixings for tacos, Chili's chips and salsa and canned soda.  Simple, enough food for everyone, leftover will go home for us to devour lol. 

September 17. Unless I find something different, that's when I will fly off to Oregon - at their expense, eating and housing at their expense.  One thing a company drives doesn't do? He/she paying for orientation expenses. Any trucking company that doesn't pay for everything is worthless and I wouldn't drive for them to begin with. 

____________

Not feeling good. Haven't been all day long but haven't said anything to anyone about it. Hoped it was just the weather, but I'm afraid that's not it. The youngest has been sick, coughing for many days now.  I have kept him well away from me.  I hate getting sick, it just puts the brakes on everything. The older I get, the worse even a common cold affects me.  

But I can tell.  My throat has been mildly sore all day, my head has had an ache and I have been feeling like sludge.  Unless it was the weird weather today? Could be.  I'll find out soon enough, the amount of phlegm in my throat a pretty good sign it's not just some allergy junk. 

Oh well. The wedding is still 8 days away and trucking well off.  I won't do anything but the bare minimum when I'm sick and if it's bad enough, I won't do anything at all and I don't care what happens. Send someone over there, tell them I can't, whatever. But I'll try tomorrow to go over and get that propane going even if I feel like hell. Just because they need to be able to start cooking. I don't know what they do for food. The tent people that is. The hot water can wait.  There is a bathroom, there is a shower with hot and cold running water, I'm good.

Hotel room style portable units.  This is what the guy is saying their company sells.  I'm interested.  I have no down money so I dunno that I can get anything like that, but I would be interested in the info for future reference. What I have seen is some pretty cool looking stuff on their site. I wouldn't want to do anything like that until I'm out of trucking if it means daily cleaning. Unless it's a setup people can live in.  I just know that I need to expand my operation by at least double if not triple.  I have plenty of room for it.  

I'm really just thinking when I can get another septic system, I can devote a portion of property to small cabins and pay someone to build them.  James would probably do it on the side.  20X12 cabin, just like the size of my shed.  Or just get another shed built on site and turn it into a cabin.  I just don't want to do all of that work by myself again.  You know installing the sewer, water and electrical? And doing the entire thing?  Doing stuff that I didn't know how to do and watching endless videos on it and reading endless material?  Lol  I don't need all of that now!  I need so much stuff to turn my operation into a bit classier operation. 

I have a question  running now in a very large facebook RV group.  The question is simply, if you could tell an rv park one thing, what would it be? The usual suspects.  Larger spaces - I have that.  Good wifi - I have that when it works, lol, but no complaints in a week now.  Level sites - sorry, it's the hill country, most places around here don't have that.  Good electrical, yes I definitley have that.  Pool. Nope, don't have that.  

I'm getting really tired even tho it's not late. Another sign.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...