Saturday, September 30, 2023

 Saturday is over for all intents and purposes.  

Went out for a bit, did quite a bit of walking, got some Thai food - spicy chicken curry to be precise - at that - wonderful.

The price of everything here is high.  That was $16 for a meal that probably should have been around $10,   I just ate a blue cheese burger that cost $12.50.  That was the burger only, nothing else and that's all I got.  

Got my laundry done with no problems, no one was using it and no one wanted to use it after I was done.  I know because I checked that laundry room several times today attempting to decide when, exactly, to do it.  One more thing I don't have to do tomorrow. 

I will probably Uber myself to the nearest grocery store tomorrow before checking out of here, get what I think I will need for the next .... well we'll call it 4 days ....and then get a ride back to the A frame house.  I asked the taxi company if they are open on Sundays, yes, we are.  Okay, because I didn't have any luck with Uber or Lyft to get a ride there.  It wouldn't be good to not be able to get back there, lol.  

I need lunch stuff and a few dinners.  And another bottle of unsweet tea.  And whatever else I am not thinking of here.

I miss my new doggie.  I think by the time I get back he's going to have let me go out of his memory banks.  I'll have been gone longer than I've had him or somewhere around the same amount of time.  

I really don't ever want to do this again - taking off for what will amount to 3 weeks. They best not be giving me a hard time about going home for - many days.  Many, many days.  Like 5 to 7 days.  I might go down to 4 but it's not going to be any lower than that.  Sorry, I have stuff to do, y'all kept me out a lot longer than I was informed of, my vehicle is still sitting at an airport, I have thing to do, I'll get with the driving after I get this stuff done, g'day.

Well I miss everything really. Home, the kids, Taylor, James, dog, fish, cats, the feeling of home, the feeling of being home, all of that stuff that makes you feel like you are living a life.  This hotel diversion was very much needed, but it's not home.  If my new doggie was here I probably wouldn't care about much of anything.  

I don't know when checkout is here, but I'll guess  noon and work my day around that appropriately.  I brought the entire suitcase because I had all of those dirty clothes. Today was the last day worth of clean socks I had since the last time I did laundry - a week ago?  

I am, of course, hoping for another good night's sleep. It will be the last for a while. Tomorrow, I can take an afternoon nap - at that "thing" they call a house.  

I know, tomorrow another day off. But, I am ready to get this over with.  I spent quite a bit of time today going over loading and unloading routines in my mind and calling it out.  I'm alone, lol, I can do that without people looking at me funny. 








No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...