Sunday, September 17, 2023

 Sunday - semi early

Figured I'd better get up and get the day started. Unlike yesterday, starting before 6:00 am, I didn't manage to crawl out of bed until around 7:30.  

Yesterday, the trip to the property was - strange.  The man that wants to do the hunting decided he'd get into his truck run down after us and go with us on a walk.  I did not invite him and I really didn't want him with us.  These are more "private" walks with the dog and the boys.  This dude couldn't handle it, either.  He was dripping in sweat, face covered with sweat droplets as we might have gotten half way through the walk.

He also tried to take over the conversation, which I quickly shut down. He is free to come back here and walk with his dog any time he wants, he doesn't need to take away from my last moments with normal life with the dog and kids before I have to go back to the corporate working life. I suspect this transition is going to be rough.  He was worn out after one pass through the trail and I bid him g'day.  

Back to the trail for a while longer without uninvited guests.  

Over to the shed after all of that. Ladies came swarming out and I ended up dealing with  - stuff. A lot of stuff.  I did a lot of stuff and then I informed them again I'd be "gone awhile". How long will I be gone, I asked myself? Hmmm.  The entire 2 weeks? Find out this place is the dud people have proclaimed it to be and cut out early?  Not really sure.  I'm going with the idea that I'm going to go through the entire process, but there is this reservation inside of me that says, this may not turn out well. 

I have decided to go to church this morning. Out at noon, bring the kids home, grab my stuff and run over to longview.  I'll be there an hour and a half early, ample time to get through that tiny airport security.  And then sit there and wait.   And then to Dallas - and wait 4 hours.   And then direct to Eugene.  Weird that they have a direct flight to Eugene. I wonder what the industry/economic factors are over there to have a direct flight over there.  

It just gets worse. I just checked the tickets.  Middle seats.  I don't sit in middle seats. Why would this person put me in the middle seat? Have you ever sat in the middle seat of a commercial jetliner for several hours? I always sit on a window seat. She didn't even ask, probably because they are so cheap that that was likely the only seats available without paying for upgrades.

Well, upgrades it is.  I paid $34 for the flight from DFW to Eugene on the aisle seat.  There were no window seats available.  Oh well, I'll get out of the seats quicker and actually be able to get up and get moving. Last time, people were sitting in their seats until after everyone ahead of us was well down the aisle and near the exit door.  I just sat there, in my window seat, wondering why these people are just sitting there?   The flight attendants were giving odd looks as well. Most people want to get off the aircraft, not sit there forever. I had never seen such a thing where people were waiting - for what exactly?

I'm used to aisle row people getting up, getting their stuff and standing there waiting until everyone ahead of them starts moving.  If it happens again, I'll be the sole person standing there, I guess, cause' I'm not waiting.  Get off the plane, get my luggage, get in the taxi and go. It will be late and I don't want to linger.  

Ok.  My laptop?  Is all messed up now.  The ports to plug in the keyboard aren't working.  Click on Google to access the internet a menu pops up instead of the application.  I'm pretty much screwed if I can't get this thing to work, just tried to restart it and see what happens.  I guess it would simply mean I will have to buy a new laptop on any off time over in Eugene, I can't go 2 weeks without one and I don't have time right now to go laptop shopping.  

If one were to believe in omens, one might think, hmm, you are getting some signals that you may just want to find a different job.  I have another laptop but it's so old and it's in worse shape than this one.  Well, there is one in there that needs a new keyboard after I spilled liquid onto it.  

Oh great.  This thing is doing yet another update. This could take an hour.  I should have done this yesterday but I was busy with other stuff.  I dunno, I'm just sitting here scratching my head.  Middle seat.  Why would they even do this?  Sheets. Food.  Dog piss smell in main office.  Trashy trailer park.  Yikes!  

Maybe I can set this thing to default factory settings and see what happens. I'll lose my pics but most of them are stored on this desktop I am using to write this post anyway.  In fact, the important files are on this computer, I don't have hardly any of that stuff on the laptop.  Just didn't think I would want them on that one. 

Then again, maybe I won't have time. 15 minutes and it's still saying "Getting Windows ready, Don't turn off your computer". What is it getting ready for? The apocalypse?  Maybe it's trying to take as much time as it possibly can to set a new record?  Well, I need to get off of here and get busy with thing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People who sit by windows and don't rush off the plane have no baggage to reclaim and a LONG wait till their next flight. It is also a courtesy to other passengers who may have a very tight connecrtion.

 Thursday - morning Just didn't sleep well again. I mean, I got some sleep just not quality sleep.   Got up a little later than normal f...