Monday, January 1, 2024

 Now there are several "experts" saying this year is going to see the beginning of a recession so severe that it may dip into depression level severity. However, their main concerns and investment in the stock market. I am completely out of the stock market now, no 401k's, my cash cow is sitting in the form of 25 acres and an RV park.  Not that I'm making much money off of it - yet.  They are also saying a housing correction to come in the form of home values going down as much as 50%.

I dunno, maybe it will maybe it won't, but "they" have been saying this stuff for several years now.  They have their excuses why they have  missed the mark up until now.  A correction of the severity these people are talking about would have a major positive effect: the price of pretty much everything will come back down to non-ridiculous levels. I'm referring to the price of gasoline, groceries, home goods, etc.  

My washer and dryer have 2 more payments on them and that will be done, freeing that money up.  It will leave a mortgage payment and shed payment on the property beyond the normal, recurring monthly bills.  

I'm going to have to do better this year at managing finances.  I can't afford to be paying property taxes all at once, ie: just finding the money somewhere to pay it. It needs to be like a house payment where the property taxes are factored into the monthly payment.  I've got a couple more months to go before they start adding late fees to it.  

It's all making me rethink my rates and how I am charging people for electricity.  I really think I need to install meters on the pedestals.  Lower the monthly rent rate but make them pay for their own electricity,  all of it.  It might rid the park of people finding greener pastures but it also wouldn't leave me screwed during the summer months with such high electric bills that I am spending much of the park income on that bill alone.  People don't care if they turn the ac down all the way on all of their ac units and basically running everything when they don't have to worry about the electric bill.

I'm not making enough money off of this long term stuff, that's the nuts and bolts of it, the biggest culprit is electricity and also being force to charge lower rates to get people in there.  I need the financial stability to be able to weather a mass exodus after installing such things and then taking however long to get new people in there.  Not to mention those meters would set me back a good chunk of change as well. Money spent is money earned in this case.

It doesn't help the new park is lowballing us all as well.  It's what this area didn't need - another RV park.  

People are shooting off fireworks again tonight.  Please, folks, it's over, we are already in 2024.  The cats don't like it and both dogs are equally aghast at the sound of it.  My dog is particularly unhappy with fireworks.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...