Wednesday, June 12, 2024

 I just couldn't do it, at least not yet.  

I went to the Kubota dealer after going to the TYM place.  I never even got started with TYM. I walked in there, a man walked in after me, they went immediately to dealing with him and completely ignored me. Hi, how are you doing!  To that other guy that is.  I just stood there thinking, well, I can wait even tho this guy just cut right in front of me.  I'm trying to do better in life beyond just going off on everyone. The temptation was there, instead, I just stood there looking at all of these employees in this place, there were a lot of them, wooing this customer and then going back to whatever they had been doing.  

I took all of that in for a minute, just standing there, the man behind the counter glanced at me, 2 other employees did the same but I didn't even get a hello, or how may we help you?  I said nothing the entire time in there, at this point, it was a test to see how I might be treated in the future and yes, I did have a smile on my face, possibly forced but I wasn't frowning.  I decided that this isn't the way I want to be treated, turned around and walked out without speaking a single word to any of these people.  

I then drove to the tire shop where I got the new tires, horrible vibration from both the front and rear, I assumed they didn't balance them very well, that or defective tires.  They balanced them again and then I headed off to Longview.  No more vibration, so that was good.  Had a sit down with the Kubota salesman, pleasant conversation but the end of the story?  38k at $539 per month, 96 months (8 years).  That's a good long time to be forking out that kind of money for a machine you hope but certainly don't know will last that long.  Interest free, too, I shudder to think what the payments would be with interest. 

No, I got up and left there as well, tho not in bad terms, I told the man I would have to think about it and look at my finances.  I've never even spent that kind of money on a personal vehicle.  I just don't know that I want to get into payments that high for that long.  I could bring the payments down by eliminating the backhoe attachment, but then I wouldn't be happy.  Like, I'm spending all of this money on this thing and I don't even have everything I need?

I went out into the parking lot, called the rental place, asked if their tractor was available? Yes, ok, I'm heading that way, got there, loaded it up and started work on the driveway. That driveway is in even worse condition than I thought, it really needs a dozer or a grader, neither of which I have access to and certainly, the rental place doesn't even have such equipment. 

I probably went over the worst of the areas 30--40 times but also was going up and down the entire 800 foot stretch of driveway that is used by the RV park.  I spent 2-1/2 hours on it before quitting.  I was getting hot, it was getting late and I have the thing until 2:30 tomorrow.  They allow 8 hours per 24 hour period.  I intend on getting my 8 hours out of it.  I'll just go over and over and over it until it's either smooth or I just don't have any more time.  I did get it better, but there's still a lot to go.

I ate a sandwich and a salad earlier and that tided me over until dinner.  The folks were on their way out to a local pizzeria when I got home, no thanks.  I wasn't even tempted, tbh.  I still had roasted chicken left over from yesterday, heated a bunch of that up, made a bit better salad than yesterday, chomped that down and in a while, my dessert will be keto break with cream cheese and sugar free strawberry preserves.  I need something to put the sugar desires in check.  It's the best I can do without buying expensive treats that are filled with chemicals.  There are recipes for stuff that I will look into at some point, just not now . 

Manager called me today asking if I was okay with the weekend schedule?  I thought, no, not at all, I said, well I had last weekend off so I figured I'd go with the flow and do the weekend.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did a search for used tractors.

Found one in Texas for under twenty thousand.

Hundreds to look at. Most would need to be picked up or shipped, but the savings seem huge vs new.

Might search first for s solid, local mechanic tho.

BenB said...

Yea there are plenty but not plenty that offer any kind of financing. Plenty of machinery mechanics around here, that wouldn't be an issue. Just contacted a company near Dallas that offered reconditioned tractors.

 Friday - not so early/8:28 am I dunno, I just decided last night I wasn't going to get up early today and true to that thought, I did n...