Tuesday, July 9, 2024

 Tuesday - 9:30 am

I didn't make any plans for today, just going to wing it. I knew I would want to sleep in and laze around this morning, which is exactly what I've been doing. It helps that there are no kids here to constantly get into my personal business asking for this, that or just be with them.  In fact, this is likely the last day I have to have in freedom, so it's probably going to be a lot of time spent at home.  Today was just marked off for working, there were no canceled loads.

Yesterday.  I was a little apprehensive about working yesterday for the tornado watches which turned into tornado warnings and apparently several tornadoes did touch down in the region, we, fortunately, didn't get any of that.

Beryl came barreling through here with winds and heavy rain, yes, but nothing horrible. The power went out for quite a while, but not like a few summers ago when the power went out after an event like this and stayed out just short of 7 days.  

I think I will continue on with cleaning out the vehicle. I have used it as a work truck since I started the process of building out the park and it's got a lot of stuff in there I need to find a place to store it and organize and pull some stuff out of there.  I just need it cleaned out for the upcoming trip and I just want it clean regardless of vacations.  It's going to need a carpet cleaning as well.

Mother says I shouldn't come until September, it's too hot to drive back here and why take the risk? I didn't bother to tell her because I dunno if she's going to be alive in September, I thought that would be morbid and cruel, she seems to be doing pretty well, actually.  Apparently she doesn't think life is ending soon?  She'll hit her 90th birthday in September if I have her age correct.  She is still up in the mountains anyway, my oldest brother is taking care of her in that he's giving her a ride up there and back and making sure her needs are taken care of.  It helps that he has a full blown cabin maybe 7 miles away down a forest service road. 

I mean, I'd rather go when it cools down for several reasons. I just feel a little uneasy about waiting that long.  

I spent a little time praying for a 6  month old little girl who is in surgery as I'm writing this.  There's something wrong with one of her kidneys and nothing short of surgery was going to fix it, apparently. She's the daughter of one of the friends in the group.  Just got a message from mama that they have started the "robotic" portion of the surgery and it is going along perfectly. 

There's certainly things I can do at the park today as well, I just don't know if I want to waste a day off going over there and working.  Allen has done a great job of taking care of things and I'm happy so far with his work.  I laid out the amount of hours I want him to work each month for free rent in exchange and so far, it appears he will actually do more than that.  He was out there cutting a tree in the pouring rain yesterday.  I advised him that I have no expectations whatsoever for him to work in inclimate weather nor do I think it's a great idea for him to be out there in the heat of the day (yesterday was great temps, just was commenting on overall working conditions).  

Im not paying him anything, just giving free lot rent. It's worth something, definitely and especially considering the lot he has, but I've needed the help and I've got a job supplementing my income.  For now, as long as he continues like this, I'm good with it.  

My bank account is doing pretty well considering some of the recent expenses.  Just paid the $465 to have the septic sucked out. They just empty all the vaults. It should be good for quite a while now.  

I'm going to buy another bridge for the small creek area.  It's small but the span is about 8 feet if you really want to get above the water line when it rains.  It's a 6 footer in there now and it keeps getting washed downstream every time a downpour comes, it's fairly well ruined unfortunately.  I found a metal 8 foot long bridge with rails on either side for around $200.  I won't try to have Allen do that, that's my deal.  They don't come fully put together, it comes in a kit and take a couple hours to put it together.

The news has been come repetitious - extremely so - in calls for Biden to step down, speculation on Biden stepping down, who would take his place if he steps down and Biden adamantly stating he is NOT going to step down. Ridiculous nonsense, I am not watching much news right now for they don't seem to be able to unglue themselves from that story and actually cover other things that are going on. The only thing that does seem clear is the Biden has the delegates, enough to override all of his detractors and if he doesn't want to step down, I don't see them having a path to do so except for invoking the 25th amendment.  

I would say I would go along with that, but then you have Harris running this nation until election time? Does anyone actually believe she has the capacity to be able to deal with world leaders? What, is she going to go cackling at them, perhaps, to somehow force them to do something different? I expect Putin and Xi would just dismiss her as a pile of nothingness, insignificant and not even worth considering.  America is not in a good place right now, that's what I will say.  

I finally saw the number for this tractor dealer near Nacogdoches.  I thought I was calling them already, then found out who I was talking to is a different dealer with similar name that is maybe 5 miles away.  They only deal in brand new tractors, I wanted to try to ask about how much this place wants for one of their tractors and if they have any kind of financing.  

The dumpster. I have finally come to the point where it is definitively time to move it.  I am done with these neighbors just helping themselves to the use of it, dumping large amounts of their household trash into it and not caring.  They have been caught several times now and the guests told them to leave and that they can't do that.  I would have pulled the trash right back out of the dumpster and dumped it on the hood of their car.  And now that I reminded myself of that, request has been made to relocate the dumpster. It's not free, but neither is the overage charges I'm getting for these people overfilling my dumpster. It will save money in the long run.  This is why I've been calling it a theft of services, it's not free for me and it's pretty awful looking seeing the thing so overloaded that trash is piled high and even sometimes leaving bags of it on the ground.

I'm done with that and it's going to be place about another 200 feet back, around  a corner that the garbage truck will actually have to drive through the park driveway to access.  They would have had to come back and go through there to turn around anyway.  

If all I were doing was the park and not working a trucking job, I would just get about 4 residential cans and just take them out front every week. Save the money and have them near the amenities shed. I just don't want a dumpster back there because it's severely ugly, attracts flies and rodents and then the predators to come eat the rodents.  That would be snakes and cats, for the most part.  The cans aren't quite so ugly and more manageable.  There is another refuse removal provider that operates in the area, their cans are significantly cheaper than Republic's but they don't offer dumpster service.  

Anyway, it's getting near 11 am and I can safely say I have done nothing but lay in bed and then get up, let the dog out and now drink coffee.  No regrets.  I think I will get another steaming cup of coffee and some ice water and the mosey on over to the park and see what's going on over there.  Robert's wife blew up my phone last night long after I had gone to bed, I turn the ringer off so such calls don't affect my sleep.

She left a long message about how her son has "left the park" after I texted her much earlier about him speeding through the park and also doing a burn out in the driveway.  I didn't ask him to leave, I asked him to slow down, thanks.  Then she went off into "we have never disrespected you, we have always treated you with respect" and "I don't know why Allen is treating him that way" and all kinds of other stuff that I just listened to, rejected and ejected out of my mind.  What it really turns out to be is the fact that Robert - and her - are no longer going to get free rent and that the lot rent is due on the 17th.  That's 8 days from now.  I'm assuming from her tones that they aren't going to have the money.

This isn't my problem, there was no expectation of giving them a free lot when they moved in and that only occurred after I saw Robert doing a lot of work. "Well, if you are going to continue to work like this, I'll just give you the lot rent for free". It was after that that he almost completely stopped working altogether, maybe mowing the doggy park every week and perhaps taking trash out once a week as well.  Maybe 2 hours a week if I'm lucky out of him. I've already gone into great detail of the other nonsense he was engaging in so I won't do that again here.  

Beyond that, at the time we were discussing the lot rent, Robert stated that it would be no problem for him to go out and get a job and that he would walk to one if necessary. Those are his words, not my rendition of them.  Well Robert, if y'all intend on staying there, you're going to have to go get that job that you proclaimed would be so easy to get.  I won't wait, tho, he's lazy and sits inside of that trailer all day long.  I get that it's hot, but he said he would work in the mornings or evening.  Yeah, 45 minutes per week spent on the doggy park comes nowhere near what I want for working and he fully knows what I expect out of him.  

The whole situation is rather annoying at this point.  Like, I don't even want to discuss this with them any further, I've made my intentions, desires and expectations exceedingly clear both in person, face to face and in writing, texting and over the phone.  

Enough.  I'm getting off my chair and going to get moving. Definitely go over there and see what's up and what I need to do.

G'day

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...