Sunday, July 7, 2024

 Sunday - early afternoon

Up early, washout - took a bit of time there, over to the plant, got loaded quickly and got home at a reasonable hour.  

Yesterday.  I get a call from Allen (park host).  Tells me Robert's electrical cord burned up, burned up the box, etc. 

I didn't want to hear anymore, I got into my vehicle and hurried over there before anyone does anything stupid.  Upon arrival, I see their trailer plug is completely melted. That is a thick block of plastic.  It also burned my plug in and  the box it is housed in.  

The immediately blamed my side of the hookup.  No, no and no.  THAT was caused by something going on YOUR side. It was either a bad plug, malfunctioning appliance (which would likely be an ac unit going out) or a short circuit. Robert was getting pissy so I just shut him down. I have had enough of his bs as it stands, hearing more of it was a non-starter. He tried to blame the sun after I dismissed his ignorance on electrical systems.  

If the sun could do that to a hardened piece of plastic, what would it do to us walking around?  I just sent them the bill and I expect them to pay it - today.  

There was a glimmer of hope coming from them, however. First off, Robert agreed to help Allen start cleaning up the front. He did no such thing and never appeared out of his trailer excepting to go to the shed and check the mail.  So I had texted them that that deal is off and the rent is due on the 17th.

She texted back that they expected to have to pay the rent and that wasn't important, this occurred while I was at Lowe's.  Lowe's no longer sells the outlet box I wanted, I opted for what they had which was a lone outlet with nothing, no box, just the outlet and a plate to hook to whatever.  

I hooked that up, turned on the power and had witnesses to show that there is nothing wrong with my side of the equation.  Im just not paying for this and it was telling, looking back and others saying the same thing, that they came out of their trailer yelling "it's not our fault!" before anyone said anything to them about it or even knew what was going on.  Robert continued to whine in a high pitched voice about that and blaming the park before I basically told him to shut his damn mouth.  As I said, he crossed my line long before this and his denial of everything got old a month or more ago.  

He did shut up, btw.  I wasn't playing. I had listened to his bs for a good 15 minutes or more before I finally just had had enough of it.  

Here's the good news: they can't afford to pay the rent on the 17th and his wife - who is actually sweet and nice even if she's a bear in the house (you can hear her yelling at him) - announced they were moving closer to where their son is and yada yada yada.  I hope it works out for them, but in this particular case? It's the same as Mark, if you remember him? Good riddance.  

If this actually materializes, I can park the motorcoach there, plug it in and Allen's wife (Brenda I think is her name) can start her work fixing it up.  I don't know how long it will take her, she's pretty efficient but there's a lot to do in there.  I would think a month at minimum.  I'm not asking her to get it done in any particular time frame, but once she starts, I do want it completed.  It will cost me several thousand dollars, but if the work is good, it will pay itself back quickly.  

I'm thinking $700 per month, I need to get back the investment on it.  Yea, I'm not wanting needy people, I want someone who has an income that can make the payment and be happy living in it.  But it's gotta be nice and functional.  That will be her challenge, I do feel that she's up to that challenge.  She made need some help with certain things, electrical is what I'm thinking, still I don't think it's something she can't handle. We'll find out,  I think. 

The remnants of the hurricane will be passing through here tomorrow.  A couple of inches of rain forecast, the washout dude in Nac said it's expected 6 or 7 inches? That's flooding conditions right there.  I say this because my manager, unexpectedly, gave me Tuesday off. There is a 36% chance of rain projected. IF it is just spotty rain conditions, I will rent the excavator or the ditch witch, haven't decided which one yet, and get that trench dug out, lay the wire and fill it back in.  I need it done.  

I hate to spend days off working, it's work work work, but I do have a vacation coming up on the 19th. Speaking of which, half the group that's going to Galveston is either afraid of sharks killing us off or that this hurricane is going to cause flooding. Well, it probably will, but tomorrow, when it's passing through there, is the 8th, not the 19th?  A bunch of fearmongers, for goodness sake.  Maybe another storm will come through, hopefully not! Haven't heard of any shark attacks in Galveston!  

They were talking about switching it to another place up in Oklahoma that they've gone to before, I bowed out of that conversation.  Not up to me, I'd rather go to the beach, but whatever, we'll have fun regardless, I think.  Taylor wasn't exactly happy about the phone blowing up with all of those texts coming in all at once.  

I missed church today, but something cool did happen. One of the members of the group that we all hang out together started going to my church maybe a month ago.  She wanted to start going back to church, she didn't want to go alone so she figured to go with me.  Anyway, she has a 6 month old little girl and that little girl has surgery - tomorrow I think.  Tomorrow or Tuesday anyway.  So, she drops the baby off at the nursery and had asked them to pray for the surgery.  When we went up to ask the pastor's second hand man - he preached I dunno where the pastor was, maybe on vacation, he already knew about the situation and said yes, we are praying for her.

Today, she went without me (I'm happy she's going regardless and has started dragging her husband to church if he's not working - another person with odd shifts), they presented her a giant basked full of goodies and useful items. She posted a pic of it on her facebook, it was pretty cool, to me anyway, that they had done that for her.  

So here I am at home. The kids are gone, not back until this coming Friday.  We do enjoy the time away from them, I'll admit that.  Cooking is not a thing, I guess, when the kids aren't here.  I'm going to do my normal after-church thing in a few minutes and go up to Applebee's and enjoy a blackened salmon dinner.  It's that or Wingstop and get some delicious wings.  I dunno, I'll figure it out lol.  

And then, I'm going to think about what I want to eat this week. If they don't want to do the normal dinner menu, that's fine, but I need to have food available. I can't just go to the freezer and pull out frozen food, not on this diet.  A nice roasted chicken would be good, I could actually just buy one of those pre-cooked I think for the same or less than buying a raw version.  I've got lots of recipes saved, I'll get some of that ingredients and keep myself fed this week.  

Speaking of food, it's 2:00 pm and I've only had 6 medium sized shrimp today.  Yea, I'm hungry and fixing to get out of here...

G'day

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...