Friday, July 12, 2024

 For once, the day went flying by.  They got me in and out of the washout in 38 minutes.  I think it was 40 minutes at the plant loading.  Nothing to hold me up. Police always give the "eye" at trucks moving by, I don't look at them anymore. I used to, not in a disgusted kind of way, but it seems if you look at them, they get annoyed and come chasing you down.  I don't know what that's all about, live and learn.  I don't hate police, I also don't want to be stopped by them.  Especially state Troopers.  

So I was home at around 12:30, which is about as good as it gets.  

The kids are not home yet, I cleaned up the kitchen nicely so we can at least have a fresh start.  It wasn't terrible, it's just if you clean it all up, it stays relatively clean for a while.  

Allen seemed agitated about something over at his place when I returned so I didn't bother him.  I do know his wife was having trouble getting the truck to start wherever she is at.  But that was yesterday and I don't know what became of that.  

New people decided it was fine to park their dually on my grass....we are going to have a polite conversation about that.  There is plenty of room for their truck in front of their trailer on the driveway.  The reason I made 75 foot long driveways....

Otherwise, life is grand! lol

T-Mobile - amazingly, it actually works at the washout, Verizon does not.  People saying T Mobile sucks? I dunno, maybe where they were at once upon a time?  So far, I've had no issues.  The difference is, I only have LTE service on T Mobile. Apparently you have to pay more for 5g service. I have 5g on Verizon and I'm wondering if, in places where 5g isn't available, it doesn't switch over for some reason.  

Whatever the case, so far I'm good with it and could switch over just on what I have seen.  But, I'm going to wait until we go to Galveston and see what happens.  The thing is, I'm already driving in rural areas and through small towns.  There is only one place where the signal dropped - but it also dropped for Verizon as well.  

That's it.  It's 2:30 and I may get some other things done today, but right now? I just want to kick back and watch a movie.  

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...