Monday, January 2, 2023

 Monday, January 2023

I have no idea what those people are doing.  I have been sleeping in trying to get over this sickness.  Like, 10:30 am type of sleeping in.  Pretty soon, I'm going to start forcing myself to get up at 7:00 am regardless of what I feel like or how much or little sleep I had the night before.  

Anyway, I figure they have the tire fixed by now - even if everywhere was closed yesterday, they would have it done this morning - and then it's up in the air whether they are going to meet up with their friends in Weslaco - which is near my old haunting grounds of Brownsville, TX or if they are going to try to take the truck into a shop here and see about getting the codes interpreted and whether anything needs to be done.  

Personally, I would take the vehicle into a shop considering they're hauling a giant trailer and that isn't going to be a pleasant thing to deal with on the side of the highway if the truck decides to take a dump and quit on them.  But, I gave them suggestions for local repair shops beyond the local dealer - who may or may not be able to look at the vehicle.  It's not under warranty and I gave  him the best shop in town that only locals that have been here for decades really know about - or - people like me that have talked with locals and know of it's existence.  

The owner of that shop is a walking encyclopedia of all things cars, pickups and even semi-trucks.  There is very little a dealer can do that he can't.  

I will be heading over there soon to see if they are still there or if they decided to pack their bags and leave.  It will be nice to get video surveillance over there - but that requires wifi and I"m not doing wifi until I see some reservations popping up in the system.  So far, not a single reservation.  I don't think I got much out of that Facebook ad, either, tho I think there is one day left of it.  

I will have to try Google ads, which are much more expensive but probably get better results. They show up everywhere, you know how they work. You say something out of your mouth and the next thing you know, there are ads for it popping up everywhere?  But I'm going to finish the doggy park and the fire pit first.  The cheapest Google ad is $9 per day and I think there's a 30 day commitment. Yeah, that's why I haven't done it yet, it's rather expensive.  Yet, the new RV park 20 miles away has it listed and it's showing up at the top of my page - because I do searches daily of rv parks local to see where my ranking is. 

I just laugh at their prices, if they think they are going to be competitive with local rv parks, they have another thing coming.  They have nothing more than I have save a laundry facility.  I just need to finish up and do some heavy advertising, apparently. 

But, it's January and my "excuses" for not going back to work are quickly fading.  I could probably ride out another month or even two with no more income than what I have going now.  Then we get down to my threshold - a minimum amount I want in the bank that forces me to say ok, enough, time to find a new job!  After that, you start to get into semi-dangerous territory, tho in reality, it's enough to last probably 3 more months.  Meanwhile, however, I am going to switch the note payment over to the business account. The payment for the land, and the electric and the water bills will also be switched over.  

I need to do that this week, in fact.  

Good thing I remembered that, I see no reason to continue draining my personal account when the business account has money in it and about to add another $475.  

+++++++++++++++++

Add to that another $30  and supposedly another big rig coming in in a little while. Another couple called, they are coming to town to help their family move, they specifically asked about big rigs because they probably know that most of these places around here cannot deal with them. They are too tall - concerns about running into limbs from trees or they are too long and concerns about having a spot long enough for them.  Actually, they have a 45 foot long motorhome pulling a car.  All of my pull throughs can handle that thing some of my back ins might as well. Some people actually prefer back in sites, even pulling cars and trailers. If they plan on staying a while, they would be unhooking their car anyway.  

The $30 is the people already there. They got their new tire fixed - he said they had had them installed only 2 weeks earlier. It was a faulty valve stem.  They said the engine light isn't coming back on but they don't want to leave today because of the weather that's moved into this entire region. They would be driving right down into it if they left today.  So, another night stay for them and then these other people, I have no idea how long they are staying, but I'll offer them the weekly rate if they are staying that long.  

Anyway, as I figured, I'm going to have to replace the highway sign. The little yard style sign was good for starters but it's not that visible. It's small and there are 2 other signs on either side of it that dwarf it.  They said they saw the sign when they drove their pickup back in today, but the sign was being pushed over by the wind and it's very small.  So, it's priority.  My sign guy will make an aluminum sign that will last for years.  It will cost around $100 but I see no other way around it.  I just need to go out and measure the width I can put in there and then call in the order.

However.  It just started pouring rain and there is a tornado watch, hail watch and severe storm warning in effect.  I'm not really all that keen about going out and dealing with this big rig, but it's money and I am going to do whatever I can to get the finances rolling in. If that  means being out in inclement weather? So beit.  

I'm only doing this "meet up at the entrance" stuff for so long.  Going back to work, people are going to have to be able to find their own way.  The sign will have the park name, an arrow and "1 mile" under the arrow. Simple, large lettering, self-explanatory.  

__________

Well that was easy.  Probably $200k rig with a 75k pickup being pulled behind it lol. They pulled in, paid and that was that.  Have a nice day! Lmao.  They were concerned about getting stuck.  It does give that appearance because the gravel on some of the lots is not compacted.  Well, that will be taken care of with these units pulling in there. That right is 20,000 pounds easily, probably much heavier.  It's one of those tour bus frames made into a custom motorcoach.  I was told by the contractor that some of those rigs weigh upwards as much as 45,000 pounds.  With the grooves it left in the gravel, I can believe that one is pretty darn heavy.  

Darn. I forgot to turn the septic system on.  Welp, guess I'll be making another trip over there today.  I don't want the system to start getting backed up with poop and grey water.  Yes, I think I'll turn around and head back over there right now, in fact.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...