Monday, January 2, 2023

 Well I don't know what those people are going to do. They had a flat tire they needed fixed - but today is Sunday so I doubt that was going to happen and he said that after he went to O'Reilly's and they cleared the codes, the engine light hasn't come back on again.  I suggested he drive the thing a bit to ensure that it's ok. Not because I want them to stay, tho I surely would love that, I just think it's a big gamble to be getting back out on the highway with that giant, 3 axle trailer and then have a problem on the side of the road.  

I don't know, but I did visit with them for quite a while today before leaving, going home and spending the holiday at home the rest of the day.  Tomorrow, working or not working is up in the air.  Predicted rain most of the day, but who knows what will actually happen?  Several things on the need-to-do list and get done.  The doggy park is at the top and then a bit more cleanup and then work on that fire pit.  

No more renting magic today, yesterday it was 2 people, today it's nothing. No reservations, no emails and no calls.  I'm neither expecting nor not expecting people, I'm just hoping.  That couple considered my park 100 times better than that run down place, that was a compliment I needed to hear.  My real hope is that they leave a review.  If they don't, I'll send them an invitation to review the park.  The invitation can be intercepted. This from the web designer, if it's not good, you don't have to post it lol.  

But I would think that they would be happy to give throw me a bone after what I did for them yesterday, they were still commenting about the help today.  I think if they were able to get that tire fixed - there is a place that does tires on Sundays but I was questioning whether they'd be open for the New Year - they are probably going to leave in the morning.  It is what it is.  I got some pictures of their rig but I do need to ask their permission to post them online.  They will give some context as to how well a giant 5th wheel fits on the pad with a large, 1 ton pickup that is disconnected from it but sitting in front of it.  I don't have their license numbers on the pics nor do I have them in the pics.  

Anyway, the holiday is over as far as I'm concerned, we're in the New Year, time to get busy, get the stuff done with and start looking for a new job.  I loathe going back to work as a truck driver but I really don't have any choice. The few dollars I've received for the lot rents are just going back into the business account and there will have to be taxes taken out of it and the rest goes to paying monthly debt.  I don't actually know how often I am required to send money to the state - I guess it goes to the state to go to the feds.  No clue.  I need to find that out soon, but I'm not looking tonight.  

There must be info on it somewhere on the web, presumably the state's website or if nothing else, I'll send email to the state comptroller and ask them.  I don't really feel like paying for that information.....

The man paid me this morning for 2 nights stay and gave me the rate that the other place was charging. I objected, I love the extra money but I have it advertised as $25 per night.  He said no way, that was the least he could do to help me out. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...