Wednesday, May 31, 2023

 Wednesday, mid-morning. 

I'm trying to get caught back up on my sleep.  It's working at least today.  8 hours of precious, beautiful sleep and feeling a little better. 

I have an agenda today and I intend on trying to get it done. The 4 wheeler is ready to go and try to see if it's going to work.  I am admittedly dragging my @$$ today because of the lack of sleep for 6 previous nights, save one where I did sleep fairly well.  

Loading up the 4 wheeler with the new attachment, I am asked if I want to go to lunch? Lol, I feel like I just got out of bed. BTW, summertime is upon us.  The boys are out of school for 2 months.  There are things they will be doing this summer, including a 2 week vacation to Florida (I'm not going, this is Taylor going to see an old friend).  There are other things of which escape my mind atm, but they will probably be spending a lot of time with me out in the heat.  If they don't like the heat, they can go sit in the shed.  Either way, I have stuff to do and tho they can come with me, I'm not going to be constantly watching them.

Right now,  or in the next short period of time, I really need to decide what to do about grass. Besides cost, the other thing that crossed my mind is watering it.  If a lot has a trailer on it, they are using the water hookup.  Does this mean I need to install dual water outlets at every lot?  And if I do that, I will be installing a shut off valve at ground level on all of them. One thing always leads to another in this situation.

One blow after another. The older couple are also leaving on the 8th.  The recent fall the man had and having to have a pacemaker installed left the wife needing to move somewhere where they can have family help them.  This will be a blow in a couple of ways. First, of course, another long-term leaving. Second, these people helped me watch out for the park.  I do have the camera out there, of course.

I'm going to have too many lots open and I will likely have to resort to cut throat rates again to get anyone in there.  They were only paying $400 per month anyway, but still.  I don't know what else to do besides going ahead and posting it in the local gossip venues.  I have avoided them because of some of the caustic people in those groups that find fault with everything and make snarky replies all the time.  But, one of those is the main local venue and for that, I need to at least try it once.  

The only reason I'm saying that is that a church campground that specializes in having churches come in with lots of folks is also renting out rv lots on a limited basis and advertised in there.  The fact of the matter is, I will just have to eat it and say ok, I"ll have to go with lower rates and hope there is still decent profit after the electric bills.  The only thing that really got people in there was lower rates.  When faced with $1,100 electric bills, that doesn't really sound too appealing but having 6 lots empty after they leave? That isn't going to work either. At least there is  profit to be made at a lower rate.  I think I'll list it as $400 for single AC units and $425 for 2.  

If that doesn't get people in there, pretty much nothing will beyond expensive amenities that I don't have the money to pay for right now, which namely would be a swimming pool.  A clubhouse with activites, etc.  Just not enough money. A swimming pool would get half the town over there, not just rv'ers.  Of course my insurance wouldn't allow me to do that, just saying that pools are very popular around here.  No clue.  Get my medical card renewed and go back to work, list everything at such low rates that it would be ridiculous to overlook the place and move on.  Or, do what some other parks are doing in buying these small mobile-home looking things. Or, just buy the trailers like I have been wanting to.  People will rent them, I get enough calls about it.  

I'm waiting on these people to tell me when the pasture is going to dry enough to get in there.  I have a person lined up to move the thing if this happens. If not, I'll keep looking but I'd like to find one pretty soon. 

Whatever the case, I have a driveway to try and plow.

Editing: they contacted me just now about that trailer I want to buy.  I'm going to drive the 115 miles to look at it and probably buy the thing.  

G'day

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...