Wednesday, May 31, 2023

 Tuesday - late morning, everyone gone (thankfully).  House is quiet.  I got home last night around 12:45 am, opened the door to my room and turned the light on --- it took Addler totally by surprise. He was sound asleep, woke up, raised his head, looked at me dazed and confused, eyes half open, lmao.  Once he recognized who I was he jumped up to greet me.  I turned the AC in my room down to "ice cold" setting after burning up for 5 days.  I love my mother dearly, but I doubt I will be doing any visits there unless it's winter time and the temps are much cooler.  That way, the AC doesn't have to be on in her house.  She would be completely offended if I decided to stay at a hotel, so I just have to figure out something else and that something else is just be there when the house is naturally cooled down.  

It's not a money issue, she just prefers to being warm all the time.  I don't get it, but I don't have to, just have to work around it.  

I was thinking of another visit later on this year.  If it's possible, anyway.  

I found a couple of trailers I am interested in. One I probably would have already bought but the person selling it is - who knows what this person is doing. She said her boyfriend was thrown in jail and she needs the money. It's $600 and I pounced on it.  Decent shape, you can't find something in that condition for $600.  It wasn't a "scammish" type of thing. She said she was trying to get gas money so she could show it to me.  

But, 30 minutes later, she removed the listing from Marketplace, saw my questions but didn't respond. So I don't know if that means she sold it, or thinks she has it sold to me, or if she still wants to keep it? No clue.  The other one is a 5th wheel at $1,500.  This one is in really good shape, the ad says the only thing wrong with it is the refrigerator doesn't work. Great, throw the thing out and get a new one. A new regular fridge, I should add, not an RV version.  RV versions are very expensive. These are small refrigerators and they don't cost a fortune. 

I take that back, the last time I priced them they didn't cost a fortune.  That has probably changed by now.  lt is possible the fridge in it could be fixed.  Whatever the case, it rained heavily last night and the dude said he wanted it to dry out first. Not the trailer, but where he has the trailer parked. From the pics, there are no roof leaks on it at all.  I could probably rent the thing for $600 per month, utilities/lot rent included.  I figure sooner or later, I'm going to snag something decent and get the thing making me some money.  

Well cancel the trailer that the person disappeared. She wrote back - "someone" took the ac off of it and left the roof open.  In other words, there is substantial water damage to the thing.  No thank you.   A trailer like that isn't worth anything at all. Not only that, but there are no tires on it, lol.  AND it has to be moved by "noon today".  Sketchy, at best. This other trailer, however, looks really good on the inside. $1,500 is at the threshold of what I want to pay but if I advertise it on the local gossip groups I should be able to rent it quickly.  

I've never quite understood people who just let leaks go in their trailers. They must know that any rain is going to cause damage.  Any time I had a leak, I would get up there and address the problem.  There's another trailer which looked ok from the outside, but the pics inside? Lmao.  It was totally gutted. The interior had been stripped out of it and there were wires hanging down from the ceiling with trash laying everywhere.  That is just garbage, why do people even try to sell such trash? 

Anyway, the other trailer which is definitely in decent condition is being held for me.  So they say. It's parked in a field and they are saying it's too wet, ie: get stuck trying to drive out to it.  I said I want it- it's not sight unseen, there are a LOT of pics inside and out of this thing. You can tell there are no leaks, you can see the interior furnishings are in decent shape. You just have to take the person's word for it that appliances work, excepting the fridge.  I dunno, but I'm going to ask the older couple at the park if they can get it for me.  It's a 5th wheel and I have no way of moving one. If they can't, there are people in the area that will do it, just for much more money.  This is just an initial plan, of course, they have to actually sell it to me first before I can get the thing lol.  

Ok enough talk about trailers. They at least confirmed that I can take the thing in writing, in reality who knows.  As for the park. I am so out of it today.  I just didn't sleep that much during the trip and then getting home so late last night.  I slept for 5 hours and then the sun came up and woke me up.  I need to go over there and check things out for sure.  James built that attachment for the 4 wheeler and made a new hitch plate to hook the thing up to it.  There is no way I am going to even try to do any of that today.  In fact, I just need to collect some money and then I'm probably going to go straight back home.

Oh, well the outside camera also needs to be recharged.  And there is something "orange" on the side of the driveway that appeared out of nowhere.  It's hard to tell what it is, but it is a curiosity that I want to go check out.  

Oh, well the attachment is a mini plow of sorts. I has rippers on it - tines with sharp edges - that tear down into the ground and till it up.  It has a box on the top so you can put weight into it for better plowing ability.  I'll see about getting to that tomorrow. Which means getting the trailer, loading the SUV and the attachment up, taking it over there, unloading it, etc.  I want to see if I can line up getting that trailer towed over here.  If I can get it cleaned up nicely, I'll just put it in a regular RV lot. It looks like it just needs a really good cleaning on the outside of it. 

There's always plenty to do.  








No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...