Wednesday, May 31, 2023

 At .07 cents per square foot, I figure around $700 to spray the grass mulch in.  I don't know what kind of prep work needs to be done, but I have a man coming out tomorrow to take a look and give me an exact quote.  This is by far the cheapest grass alternative, tho the price could be higher depending on what kind of seed he recommends.  Still, even at a grand it would be far cheaper. 

The cons - well, the biggest one is that I'll be spending my days for 2 weeks watering grass every single day.  I'll have to install water Y spigots at every lot. That isn't a lot of money but it's still work and an ordeal. I'll have to buy a lot more water hoses and sprinklers. This is why I was balking at the price of sod or grass seed. It's not just the cost of the seed or sod, it's the cost of it plus the cost of everything else.  

If I don't do it, I'll have bare bones dirt lots and that is unappealing, ugly and nothing I want to have at my park.  So, I'll update when I get the man's actual quote and what needs to be done, if anything, to prepare the soil.  I doubt too much, that spray comes with all the stuff mixed in with it that it needs to make it grow. 

The older couple is leaving on the 8th.  The scare with the man's heart and falling was too much for them, they are moving close to their family somewhere near Waco. That is a serious blow to me, not only finances but some of the eyes in the park.  I've already got 4 lots open right now. Plus another guy's work is running out next month, he'll be gone.  And so on and so forth, 

So I get this call. It goes on for a while. The more they talk, the less interested I am in having them move into the park.  About the time he started talking about building a porch out of pallets? No thank you. But they were trying to get me down to $375 per month. $400 is my rock bottom minimum.  It's just too much money in electricity coming up to think about taking anything less, $400 is too low but I've got to try to get people in there somehow.  They wouldn't budge from their $375 and I just said no thank you, $400 is the lowest I'll go.  

Another trailer I had "in the bag", another one where opportunists sold it from underneath me. This time, I had already enlisted the help of a 5th wheel rv mover and had them ready to go. It's a long story, irritating because of what these people did and I just don't want to go into it. Maybe another day. I'll say that it was promised to me, I had my act together and getting it done in the time frame they wanted and they still just decided to have multiple people coming at the same time to "look at it".  No one was going to look at it, they were going to buy it.  

I can only say that if someone is selling a bumper pull that I want, I can go get it with the SUV.  And so far, the bumper pulls I have seen in the price range I am in are complete garbage.  There is a motor coach I saw come up today that looks very good for a great price, I am - going to see it - tomorrow.  I say it that way because they said fine, we'll see you then, even sending the address. But after these last experiences, I certainly am not driving out there without verifying that they still have it and they don't have anyone else coming out to look at it.  If they're doing that, the other person can have it.  I'll just keep looking.  I look numerous times per day, new rv's come online frequently and some of them I think I want and I try to be the first respondent. This motor coach is older but it only has 52,000 miles on it.  Again, so they say.  I doubt it has 1,052,000 on it, People don't drive RV's that much even in 25 years.  Mostly anyways.  

It's a gamble at 62 miles away, the pics look good, they say the bathroom floor needs replaced.  I can either do it myself or find someone to do it - like the dude at the park looking for extra work.  

Forget that one. someone else is going to look at it.  I am not driving out there for nothing, too far and waste of time.  I did, however, find someone that had a motorcoach for sale that I did, indeed, lowball.  Just because it's all I can afford.  They came back at me with a different motor coach that is older but in excellent condition.  After discussing it with him on the phone, I decided I really want the thing. 

The problem? It's 166 miles away.  I have looked at Amtrak, Greyhound and ride shares. No Greyhound service and rideshare starting price is over $400 to get me there.  I can rent a car - over in longview, there are none available here, but I would have to drop the car off in a town 16 miles away from the town the motorcoach is located in. So, unless they have Uber, how would I get from one city to the next? The thing is in excellent running condition, even has a working generator on it. It's old, but it has been taken care of.  IF the site is correct, there IS Lyft service in Midlothian, which is 16 miles away from the town.  So, I could get there for a little over $100.  

I dunno.  I'm just pondering a lot of things right now.  

G'day

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...