Monday, September 25, 2023

 So..they didn't have a trailer available for us this morning when it was time to leave, I was sent back to the bunkhouse.  Apparently there will be one arriving in a while.  2 hours at the time I got back here, they said anyway and so far, there are no texts being sent out of an ETA for the trailer.

I tried to go back to bed, actually, and sleep, but sleep  has departed from me, at least this morning.  It's very cold in this house, there is definitely no  heat turned on and the only thing I have going for me is the heater in this room. There are no heaters in any of the other rooms and no thermostat on the wall anywhere to turn on a furnace. 

We were slated to do 2 runs today but apparently because of the trailer issue, it's only going to be one.  So, the time is cut in half. 

IF that's true, that will at least help me make it through this day. The wind is howling now and the rain is relentless.  I thought for sure I had brought a thermal top with me, I must have ditched the idea at the last minute thinking it wasn't going to get too cold. Remember, I didn't bring a coat.  No place to put it for one and two, because it didn't appear it was going to be this cold. I did check the weather forecast for this region before I left.

Well, it's a quarter of 10 and still no word on a trailer. I'm pretty sure we'll go out today, I only want to because I don't get paid for staying at this ridiculous bunk house. If I do even one run, that's enough to get their full day training pay. And yes, I have looked up airfare back, one of my credit cards has enough points to pay for full airfare back and then some.  Another doesn't, the third I couldn't remember my login credentials, but no matter. And yes, I could take off tomorrow afternoon if I wanted to.

I'm trying to fight this feeling that this is all jacked up and just get out of here, but this IS jacked up. Too many things. Still, just going to fight the urge to depart hence for thither yonder lands, hope I get some sleep tonight and am going to go down to the office and see if it was them, tho I have no idea why they would be banging on the door like that?\

Meanwhile, a newer tenant is blowing up my phone complaining about lot 10 throwing rice near their car. No clue. But, they keep texting so I told them I would ask the man if he did it and if so, to please stop. That wasn't enough, he has to go on and on - and on. Yes, sir, I get it, you are unhappy. Thank you for contacting me I will deal with it. 

The only other thing was a Hipcamp booking for lot 3 for tonight.  It isn't a lot of money but the temps are back down again so electric use will be small. I'd rather make a few less dollars than getting nothing in on any given lot.  I will likely be having several lots empty out in the next month, but I'm leaving lot 3 open for now. Anyway, I'm getting off of here. Want to be ready to go for whenever the text comes that it's time to leave. 


















No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...