Monday, September 25, 2023

 Monday - early

I don't know if I want to continue on with this.  This sleeping arrangement is miserable and I can't deal with it.

Last night, I went to sleep at 8:30, I was going to try to make it until 9 but tht just didn't happen....

In a very deep sleep, like the kind you probably wouldn't wake up from for many more hours at least, my senses jar me awake.  I hear this banging noise. Almost scary, I don't know if there are people trying to break in or what? It was very loud and incessant. 

Half awake, I finally got up and went to find out what is going on?  I thought maybe another driver showed up for training and they couldn't figure out the keypad to get in.

Walking out of my room, dazed and still not fully awake, I go to the door. No one there, banging continuing.  I then realize it's inside door that comes from a set of inside stairs - going where I don't know. The outside on the bottom floor?  The office? The laundry room?  At this point I understood that it wasn't a driver, it was a person either from the RV park or an RV coming late. 

The pounding went on for a while, I wasn't answering it, nothing I could do to help them and getting annoyed that they woke me out of a deep sleep. That noise eventually ended but the late night laundry?  People were literally in there until after midnight doing laundry. Bang bang bang, clink, clink, bang, etc.  Yes, I was awake for a long time after that. I have no idea how much sleep I got, but it wasn't much or enough. 

So you start adding this stuff up. $15 per day for food allotment, which apparently ended on Friday, tey took the card and said someone else will be needing it. The nearest grocery store is 16 miles away and they make it difficult to leave here. There is only one, very old, driver's vehicle and it's only available M-F 8:00 to 5:00.  Constant noise. Not just at night when you are trying to sleep, but kids screaming and playing right out the window. 

Old trucks. The newest one in their fleet is 2017 is what I was told.  Bring a sleeping bag, there are no sheets on the beds.  And whatever else I am forgetting atm, I am very tired.   Oh, no heat in this place.  My room is heated, the rest of this house has no heat, or if it does, they aren't turning it on, there is no thermostat anywhere up on this floor.  

I'm going to grind through this day, I"m up, had a cuppa, shaved, showered, dressed.  But I am going to contemplate whether I want to continue on with this.  There will be no goodbyes if I decide this place isn't right or even good for me. I'll just book a flight and get out of here.  If you think I'm joking, you may want to rethink that. It's pretty hard to go through 9-10 plus day constantly on the move without enough sleep and these people have created this sleepless nightmare with this setup they have here.

And it's not just being on the move, it's attempting to pay close attention to what is being taught and capture all of it in the memory banks.  

Heavy sleepers wouldn't have a problem with this, I am not anything even remotely close to being a heavy sleeper.  I was so tired last night, tho, it took a minute of that banging before I finally was forced to wake up. I had ear plugs in and the fan on to cancel/create noise to drown out the Interstate. Oh, yes, the interstate. Forgot about that one. 

It's only Monday and 5 full days of this, at least, before I can leave here?  With little sleep?  I dunno, 

It's supposed to rain all day long here today. It's raining right now and probably has been all night long.  

This has just turned into a miserable ordeal.  I'm too old to be treated like this, I can find another job, somewhere else.  It's weighing heavy on my mind.

With that, I am going to gather my things and get out of here, walk up to the yard and get in with my next ride.  

G'day

Edited: it’s pouring rain outside. No rain coat. 



















No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...