Wednesday, May 15, 2024

 The service director walked in about an hour before their closing time with a look on his face: I'm sorry but I don't think we're going to be able to finish it today.  He was probably expecting me to get upset.  I'm sure my face lit up and I was in all gleeful land with a wee bit of exuberance and gratefulness that I was all-of-a-sudden not having to drive all night long.  

I informed him of such.  He was kind of on the fence about it until I told him how happy I was to hear that news.  No, you don't have to finish it today if you can't.  I'm not telling you what to do, obviously, but I was facing driving all night long and now I don't have to!  He smiled real big once I told him all of that and said ok!  He estimated tomorrow mid morning the truck would be done. 

I spent another over  6 hours sitting in that little driver's lounge today and no, I was not the only one in there.  There were 6 of us at one point.  If they would have told me this morning that it would be all day, I would have just stayed here and paid for it myself if I had to.  The man knew about it, but he doesn't answer the incoming calls phone.  

Lol, I was going to do laundry, I only came prepared for one night's worth of clothing.  So, the desk sells laundry soap  Is there a coin dispenser up there where the machines are? Yes.  So, I go to my room, get my clothes and go to the laundry room. No coin dispensers.  I go down to the desk, I need some quarters.  

I'm sorry sir, we don't have any here.  Blank look back at her. First she told me there is a coin dispenser up there and now they don't have any cash in a drawer?  You can go to a convenience store!  Ma'am, I'm on foot.  There are no convenience stores around here.  She just shrugged her shoulders and dispensed with me, that was that and nothing she could do.  I have 5 quarters on me, not enough to even start the washing machine.  Whatever. Not like it's days before I get home, I'm not walking to the nearest convenience store which is at least a half mile away. There are restaurants, I don't know if they'll sell me some quarters.  

If they even have any.  I think we're heading to a cashless society....


No comments:

 I basically fired the park hosts today.  Allen and his wife are long since gone, he came back once after 3 weeks of being gone. His daughte...