Friday, June 28, 2024

 Thursday - evening

I dunno about that sleep app. It's usually correct but today? I woke up after 3 hours of deep sleep, pretty much normal for me, but I went right back to sleep - not normal for me - and slept the rest of the night.  It gave me "average" sleep rating and I'm like, uhh, no.  I feel great today. It was hard to wake up this morning, yes, that alarm went off and I thought, I could sleep for many more hours.  

Anyway, days worth of contention.  First, these young people with the 4 dogs and second, this dude that is a "workamper" that isn't working.  I just got off the phone with them, this wasn't texting and yes, I confronted them - him and his wife were on the phone.  I just can't do this anymore and I laid out the reasons they can just start paying rent and no more work is needed.  

I just can't go there right now, it blows my mind how people can make up stories, defend themselves with lies when I know because I have seen it with my own eyes, not because someone else is telling me.  It's ridiculous nonsense.  I mean, yes, I have dealt with this stuff before, but not on this scale. What's it like with 40 lots worth of people?  I am coming to an understanding why many of these RV parks are so hardnosed about their rules. People don't give a shit and they will do whatever the HELL they please until someone confronts them.  I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

I bluntly asked him after all of their bs: what have you done in the park in the last 7 days?  Well we just mowed the dog park! Great, what else.....I can tell you because I know: NOTHING. They got mad and I don't care.  Get mad, get upset, leave, do whatever you're going to do, but I'm getting rid of the baggage that I didn't know was going to be baggage and that's that.  I want a reputation of a great place to stop and these people? No thank you.  

They can't leave on their own, I dunno what they're going to do but I pissed them off and I somewhat did it intentionally.  It's more of: I know how they are going to react but I'm going to say it anyway, get the cards on the table and whatever is going to happen, happen.  They likely won't want to stick around any longer, fine by me.  I'm tired of the drama and I'm just going to hit it hard when it comes to me, stop it in it's tracks and be done with it quickly.  I'm learning, that's all I can say. I had this going on at the house and room rentals, but as I said, not to this degree with this many people.  Fight that battles that need to be fought.  

Meanwhile, the new couple that decorated the shed and made hand made signs and have hung them already came running up to me today as I was leaving the park. I was in a hurry. The kids are leaving yet again for grandma's for another 2 weeks and I wanted to spend some time with them before they left, meaning take them to the movies.  Well, the man came running up. He's got a work ethic and offered to be the "Park Hosts".  Yessss.  I need this in my life. Park hosts deal with people coming and going, deal with the day to day as much as they want to do it and keep things running smoothly versus what I have been doing. Working a job and working the park.  It wears on me so some things get done when I have the energy and motivation to do it. 

These people are living the RV life, are totally into it, totally want to have a thriving community and I am all for that.  The things they are doing to their lot make it appear to me that they are planning on sticking around a long time.  They have also said this, but for me, I want to see the signs of that and yes, those signs are there.  I'm switching the free rent to them and the "workamper" will pay rent - or leave.  I as much said that quite directly to them, for they lied to me and I am done with that.  

No comments:

 Monday - 7:30 am Maybe I should be changing the name of this blog.  The RV Trucker. RV Park Trucker?  My middle brother has resurfaced on F...