Wednesday, June 26, 2024

 It's a quarter after 9, I've been home maybe 35 minutes.  I am a bit perturbed atm  as well.  

First, it was the loading plant. I arrived there at 9:28 am and left there 5:45 pm.  You read that right, I was there for well over 8 hours.  I mean, sitting in a truck all day long, 3 or more hours of it in a truck that isn't running, they don't allow the trucks to run when they are actually loading the truck.

It took me all day long to finally find out what had happened.  The line that delivers the product to the fill line from the tank was completely blocked.  The loader - this is at the end of the day - pointed to the large container filled with a charcoal like substance. He said they had had to take the entire assembly apart to clean it out.  

I was wondering if I was even going to make it home today.  I had 20 minutes left on the clock before I finally was able to sign out of elogs.  I dunno, but I was very cranky and that because I hadn't eaten all day long. I had no intentions of fasting today, I just didn't take food for I figured at most I would be in the plant a couple of hours and if I got really hungry after that, I could get a salad at Love's.  I figured wrong, obviously. I normally take lunch with me up to Gurdon, I normally do not to Lufkin for the fact that I can get a low carb meal at Love's if I absolutely have to.  

After I got back to the yard, people started complaining yet again about the dogs in a particular trailer that are barking "all night long".  I don't know, I'm not there at night.  But, when enough people complain about the same thing, you figure they are probably at least close to telling the real story and I've already talked to these people about the excessive barking as it stands.  

So, I texted the dude and informed him the dogs can't just be sitting there barking all day and night long.  He apparently copied and pasted the message to the girl who then started blowing up my phone, making accusations about me and going off on me, everyone that is complaining and saying "I am making it personal about them".  No, honey, I'm dealing with numerous complaints.  I didn't call her honey, but I was thinking it, like what on earth is this incredible meltdown about?  

I addressed her accusations and she then wrote 3 long paragraphs going off even more.  I just wrote back to her: I don't want to get into an endless argument with you.  I stopped responding to her after that, even tho she kept going off.  I am not going to get caught up in such ridiculous nonsense, if they can't control their emotions, that's on them, I want no part of it, especially in writing.  It was all texting.  

I am sitting here after a near 14 hour day and now all of this trash and nonsense wondering how I got myself into all of this.  I know it's a juggling of attempting to appease as many people as possible, but at the end of the day? I also understand after decades of doing this that you can't and won't be able to please everyone and perhaps it will just mean that some people leave and that's that.  That's where I'm at, I am dealing with it to the best of my ability, if people don't like it, they are free to find other accommodations.  

Perhaps I'm just being whiny because I don't get hardly any downtime before I have to go to bed. That's in 15 minutes if I follow my normal routine - which I probably won't tonight.  

BTW, I don't deal with issues until I find out about them.  Or if I see something myself, obviously I will deal with it directly.  It's the only way to do it, get it confronted and get it over with. If people even feel an inkling that you are not serious or you won't follow through, they will walk all they way around hell to walk all over you, smear their feet on top of you like a doormat and spit on you while they're at it, metaphorically speaking.  It's just the nature of humans to take advantage of something as far as they can take it, attempting to find your boundaries.  My boundaries per the park are in writing and that's what I go by.  I may need to add some things to those rules now that I think about it.   

Oh, and a dog has parvo so now "the park has parvo".  It's ridiculous mob mentality that gets such things going. If your dog has been vaccinated against parvo, it isn't going to get parvo. Facts.  "No one can use the doggy park now", a man informs me as I ask why? Because such and such German Shepherd "over there" has parvo.  Okay? You do know if your dog has the vaccine current/up to date, your dog won't get it?  Ok, there is a slim chance a dog could still get it.  

But, to appease these people, I will have to buy a product that kills parvo on contact.  There are several of them out there that I have seen, remains to be seen how much of it I would need to buy to cover 9,000 square feet.  No, it's more like 8,100 square feet.  One guy said "I'm going to spray the park with bleach". Uhh, no you aren't, you'll kill the grass that I have fought so hard to get going in there.  And anyway, from my reading, the thing that a dog will likely get it from in a doggy park is from a dog's poop that has the virus.  

Looks like a product called Rescue! is the one to get. Pricey, of course.  A gallon of concentrate is 60 bucks.  I hate spending money on such things, just eats into my profits. Like, why have a dog park in the first place? And who has dogs that doesn't get them vaccinated and shots for everything?  Lots of people, probably.  I am considering making it a rule that dogs must be up to date on rabies and parvo shots.  

There was one bright star in the sky today.  My notifications coming from the camera inside the shed was blowing up today, so I eventually took a look. The lady that moved in with the dude had made up some shelving, flower arrangements and other "cute" stuff and hung it up on walls in the shed, both the laundry portion and the bathroom.  They didn't ask for permission to do this but it looks really good.

The place needed a woman's touch, that's for sure.  I certainly wasn't complaining. She also made some hand designed, wood signs for the shed and the doggy park.  These people have been setting up camp over there since they arrived, in a good way.   I think these people with the dogs are going to leave and frankly, I don't mind seeing them go.  I wouldn't say it's a good riddance thing, I just don't want to continue to have to deal with the same people about dog issues all the time. It gets very old.

I suppose I should change the subject.  Presidential debate tomorrow, it's going to be skewed, I know it because CNN is hosting it and Trump haters are moderating it.  They picked sides before a debate was even considered or agreed to.  The muted microphones are to silence Trump.  I dunno how Trump is going to behave, personally I'd like to see him tone his rhetoric down a few notches, especially with the name calling junk.  But, Biden is no better and has been deriding the entire Republican party since he took office with all kinds of vile rhetoric.  Our democracy is at stake! They say but I know they don't believe.  Trump already had the office for 4 years and our nation was in far better shape than the near 4 years Biden has been at the helm.

And off of that, I think it's time to just end this. I seem to be full of negativity.  Probably because of an entire day's worth of a negative atmosphere.  I just know I have to get up at 5:30 am, but hope and pray that tomorrow is much better than today's stuff.


No comments:

 Busy. Bank, deposit cash and checks. County courthouse - they passed a bill here recently that vehicle inpsections are no longer needed.  W...