Tuesday, August 13, 2024

 Tuesday - morning

Yesterday was a bit busy, had started on a blog entry but I only got a few sentences in.

I basically spent the day at the park, the tractor arrived and I got busy with it.  It was also a day to deliver "news" to people that needed to hear things. One guy always having his girlfriend over, parking the driveway.  I don't allow parking in the driveway.  This person knows parking in the driveway isn't allowed.  So I texted him about that.

I then texted the people in the coach: this isn't going to work out.  I'll give you to Saturday to find a new place to live.  They are running a generator over there 24 hours a day and it is noisy and I'm getting complaints. Sorry.  5 minutes later, she comes over and demands to know who was complaining? It doesn't matter and I'm not calling people out.  I can hear that generator right now, sitting 150 feet away, so yes, it's a problem.  Well, I found a job but now I'm going to have to move back to Jefferson. 

I said nothing.  I'm not going to be baited, which is what she was trying to do the entire time she was standing there, which wasn't very long fortunately for I wasn't falling for her tactics.  Not my first rodeo, I'm sorry she has to leave at the same time,  she apparently has a place to go. There are jobs in Jefferson.  I knew it wasn't going to be a long term solution and they are broke as well.  Her sister, who has been living in the park for a while now, has been buying the gasoline for that generator.

Trust me, that gets expensive very quickly, especially running one 24 hours a day. I was informed that its nice and cool in there. Yes, as it should be with a new AC unit.  They are conflicted about it as it stands. They being the couple that have already been living there. The guy doesn't want to do anything for them, he has his reasons, whether they are valid or not? Probably after that short encounter with the lady.  The lady who is the actual sister of the people in the coach wants to help them.  I get that, but I don't,  not to that extent to the point that others are getting irritated with constant noise going on.  My biggest selling point is the peace and quiet of my park, not the noise and generator-running-constantly.  

I really only let them in to help them out of an immediate bind. They have until Saturday to get out of there.  After that? Well let's hope they're gone, I really don't want to have to call law enforcement and they seem to be ok with having to move.  

Then there's this new guy that had the trashed trailer. He's sitting right there listening to all of this and more, the attention then was directed to him.  In person, in his face, we both started in on him. Not in a caustic, vitriolic way, but yes we were firm.  Everyone has been helping you and you don't want to do anything to help yourself.  I pointed at the windows: You said you were going to replace them and that you already have the windows?  Allen then said that Brian, another new guy, will never help you again.  He was doing everything (in moving the junky trailer) and you were just standing there doing nothing. 

I then went into how people have been feeding him, are you going to return the favor?  He said he gets "paid" on the 26th and yes, he would be.  Allen: well someone has been blowing up the toilet....I mean, we left no stone unturned.  If he's going to stay there, he's going to get with the program.  Being poor and needy doesn't mean you have to act that way outwardly.  I've been poor and needy but I didn't go around broadcasting it to everyone beyond writing about it in this blog. Well, I wasn't that poor but it was definitely paycheck to paycheck and often times picking which bills to pay and which to let slide.  I was needing a water heater for 6 months and couldn't afford that.  This guy has access to my bathroom, hot water, laundry, now has electricity and cooling in that trailer, etc. 

I think people get pissed when a person asks them to do everything for them and won't lift a finger to help. He's not invalid, he's not in a wheel chair, he is a large man, well over 300 pounds.   I dunno what's wrong with him for a disability.  He said his son is coming up Saturday to fix the windows and deal with the camper.  Ok.  

Then there was the guy who lets his dog s*** everywhere, who was also right there.  He got up and left in a huff and a puff.  Whatever dude, why you think people should have to clean up after your dog is unknown. 

Pleasant day? Not particularly.  Productive? yes. It was hot and humid yesterday, but it felt good to sweat and just be outdoors.  

I've leaving for the urologist in about 15 minutes.  That gets me there a bit early so I can fill out their forms and get the insurance info to them. The only thing I'm dreading is if the doctor wants to do a "prostate exam". If you are a guy and ever had that done, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I had it done once in my 30's and I really never want to go through that again, but I doubt my desires are going to outweigh the need to find out what's going on. Then again, they do have x-rays now that they can get from the urgent care, maybe that's enough?  I would hope so?  

Then there's the general checkup today, but I think I'm going to use that time to focus on my bum arm.  It's still got that pain and the nerve problem and I need to start on the path towards having it fixed.  I'm just a bit more concerned about the bladder issue atm.  

Harris has gone 23 days now, according to the news, since she was elected as the nominee for democrats and has not had a press conference. She has answered a few questions, but no official press conference. That should tell you truckloads about her inability to face the tough questions and act like Biden-in-the-basement.  You wonder how such a person is going to stand up to the Xi's and Kim's of this world....

Anyway, I need to get off of here and get on the road. It's half an hour drive over there.

G'day 

No comments:

 Thursday - early It's days like this when I wish I wasn't working.  I woke up a couple times last night but it was short lived and ...