Wednesday, October 2, 2024

 As stated yesterday, I had the late run this time and late run the next run.  I wasn't about to take a 3rd one, but that's exactly what the manager tried to do to me.  Nope.  I politely texted him asking him to give me the early load, I will have already done 2 in a row.  I am glad it didn't have to go any further than that, but as I suspected, the reason he wants to dump 2cd runs on me is because I get irritated with these people showing up early and he obviously doesn't want to hear it. 

Yup, well I don't want to be cut, either.  The reason I can say this is because he mentioned me showing up early so the "knucklehead" won't get away with his antics.  I mean, if you are a manager and your employees are doing whatever they heck they please....you can fill in the blank after that.

I had already planned on showing up early anyway, it will be a short time before I leave for AZ and I want time to get some stuff done.  So I told him I would show up a couple hours early both days at both ends.  He was all over that.  OK?  I can do that from now on, I thought. Save me the grief and get done with the work day at 11 am or even earlier.  

Now then, the VP debate. It starts in 8 minutes and I am definitely going to watch as much of it as my stomach can handle.  I thought I'd have to watch it on CBS - Communist Broadcast System - but apparently they are allowing it to be simulstreamed everywhere, including Fox.  I'm actually watching it for the entertainment value, if there will be any, and see if CBS stands by it's word.  They have promised no fact checking, at least on air.  The mics won't be muted and the nominees can fact check each other.  

Well I'm getting distracted, a lot of speculation about this debate starting in a few minutes.  But, I am just waiting for this thing to start and see how this plays out.  

___________________

I'm a Trump supporter so my opinion is going to be a bit swayed, but Walz was nervous, committed word salads, lied, made up stories, did not have a convincing argument and I can't see most undecideds seeing him as the winner of this debate. Vance did a far better job debating the positions that Trump has then Trump did in the first debate.  Much better speaker than Trump, Trump gets tripped up on his ego and anyone saying anything to him that maligns him he can't help himself but to fire back.  

Vance interrupted the moderators - who had agreed to no fact checking - after they fact checked him. They ended up cutting off his microphone.  I think they cut off both microphones. CBS will be endlessly blasted for this, but it wasn't near as bad as the first debate.  

It's over and I'm toast.  

But...

I have second load again tomorrow.  It's the same thing as the last 2 days - if I can sleep in, I will.  If I can't, I'll just let it go as far as these drivers showing up to butt in before me. As far as I'm concerned, I have, in writing, permission to show up as early as I want. I don't want to get up at 4 am but I will to get my day over with. I can always take a nap when I get home and I can nap both at the loading plant and the delivery plant.  

Well, at the delivery plant I have to get out of the truck every so often to check the air pressure going into the tanker.  You can't get it too high or seals will start blowing out.  But I do take short naps up there sometimes. Today was not one of those days. For whatever reason, the product was blasting through the outlet line and I was done offloading in 42 minutes. That's a record for me.  I was busy the entire time and got out of there and got home at a still-decent time. Not good enough to get stuff done I wanted to, but enough that I didn't feel like I had blown the entire day away with the 2cd load.

I'm running ads, I'm giving $200 off first month's rent, besides adding more amenities such as building the canopies over the lots, I really don't know what else I can do.  There is a lot of competition, that's what I can say.  I've had several inquiries through Facebook messaging, nothing that has converted to a person actually moving in.  

No comments:

 I've decided to get up at 4 am, get over to the park and get rolling out of there no later than 5 am.  That gets me to the washout at 6...