Tuesday, October 1, 2024

 Tuesday - 7:55 am

I woke up early - way too early - and decided I was sleeping in today. If I have late load I might as well enjoy the time to sleep in if I am able.  Sometimes- many times - I try to sleep in and I am laying there awake. That didn't happen either today or yesterday and I'll take all the sleep I can get when I can get it. 

VP debate tonight, anchored by CBS News.  I used to respect CBS news long ago, but once they got involved with propaganda and Russian Collusion, ignoring the Hunter laptop story when it came out and determining it was "fake news", etc, I lost all respect for them.  

I do not expect any less hostile landscape from their biased moderators than what we saw in the Trump-Harris debate.  Many leftist outlets are saying, finally, that the moderators in that debate were extremely biased and were hostile towards Trump while they were soft on Harris.  Of course they were, it was glaringly obvious.  

I'm going to watch the debate regardless for I believe Vance is a much more accomplished speaker than Walz.  There is allegedly going to be no fact-checking.  Trump claims they had agreed before the Trump-Harris debate that there would be no fact checking.  We obviously know that isn't true and that the only person being fact-checked was Trump. Harris spoke some real "big fish stories", not even exaggerations, just bold-faced lies.  I don't see any use for Trump to engage in any more debates, he will be treated the same way unless the Harris campaign would agree to unbiased moderators that aren't from any news media outlet.  

Yeah, that's not going to happen.  We all know that and Harris can call Trump a coward/chicken/whatever all she wants, it just makes her look childish. 

That's where we're at in this campaign.  Leftists are engaging in extremely immature behavior, some of it is unbelievable.  Leftists putting up a 40 plus foot tall, naked Trump effigy near a Harris rally in Vegas.  

Meanwhile, 36 ports from Maine to Texas are shut down.  The union workers went on strike as promised.  Uhh, y'all/we all might want to go out and get stuff you need, because if this strike goes on long enough, there are going to be shortages of everything.  I don't know what, exactly, at this point, but I'm going to stock up on paper goods immediately just in case.  We went through Covid and lack of toilet paper and other paper goods, I am not going to be caught in that position again, going around town looking for ANY toilet paper.  

I eventually found a 4 pack at Walgreens.  I also found single rolls of TP at truckstops for sale. Outrageously priced but you'll take anything once you get to the desperation mode.

We have a war going on in Lebanon now and we have the devastation of the Helene storm.

The world is always in turmoil to some extent, we're looking at some extreme stuff going on right now.  

Now then, if I can get up early enough tomorrow..no I'm not going to try and bypass whoever is loading, I have second load yet again.  No, I'd like to go the 7:00 am bible study. It only goes on an hour and I don't typically leave for the 2cd load slot until around 9:00 am.  Big if, but I'm at least going to try. I don't even know if "outsiders" are invited to this thing.  They mention it once in a while, but not in the context of anyone can come.  I guess if I were disinvited showing up - yeah - I'd leave that church in a hurry.  

That's enough for now.  I need to make lunch for the road and get some more coffee.

G'day

No comments:

 I've decided to get up at 4 am, get over to the park and get rolling out of there no later than 5 am.  That gets me to the washout at 6...