Wednesday, October 2, 2024

 Wednesday 7:20 am

The beginning of another late load starting in a few.  

Fact checking the fact checkers - the moderator was wrong and Vance actually did post the proof of his statement about migrants - especially illegals - driving up housing prices because of a limited available market of housing.  I mean, I'm reading where people are calling Vance a liar, yada blah blah yada ho ho.  

Whatever.  The driver trainer asked which route I am going to take coming back from AZ, 10 or 40? 

40 is the scenic route and by far more interesting driving, but it adds a lot of miles to the trip. 10 is the desert route and very boring driving.  I don't like driving anyways, but boring driving is the worst.  Especially alone.  I do believe my objective will be to get back as fast as possible and get it over with, however, so I will probably take the 10 route.  I've done both routes.  I went 40 that one trip over there to participate in dad's memorial service and then up to see mom in the mountains.  It only made sense to leave the mountains going north up to 40 and heading east.  

But from the Phoenix area?  It's much fast and shorter to go I-10.  There's even stretches that have 80 mph speed limits. 

I dunno, but my new jeans are coming in today, at least according to a text from the supplier.  My prep work for leaving is mostly just get my clothes in order.  We are making an appointment if possible to show up at the AZ DMV to have the title transferred over into my name.  The reason we want to do this is because she has it in a living trust, which are "inviolable" I guess you'd call it, everyone involved has to give their approval.  

However, the DMV told me on the phone I need only have the title signed over to me, I don't have to transfer it officially, to get a travel permit.  Sounds like it's going to be a hassle, lol.

My business finances aren't overflowing atm because of numerous empty lots.  I dunno what to say about it.  I've done my best to run ads and give discounts and that's that. I'm not going to stress over it, my expenses there are not that great.  Less trailers, less electricity being used, smaller bill. I've got a $1,600 bill due by the 10th and then next month's will probably be up there as well and then? It will go down as the temps go down.  

Guess I best let the washout know this morning that I will be calling them early on Friday to come wash out the trailer.  I'm guessing between 6 and 6:30 am.  Just depends on when I decide to get out of bed.  

I'm losing weight and not really even trying.  It's all this fat free junk and not eating as much because of it.  Fat free food is a major shift in eating. I used to eat like that long ago, now I'm being forced back into it. That or clogged arteries and die I guess.  I'm down to 217 now. Yup, it's still heavy but not as bad as when it was in the 220's.  

I'm going to spend some time praying over the business today and see if I can hear anything from the Lord.  No, I don't mean the audible voice of the Lord, unbelievers see Christians saying stuff like this and think we are psycho because we think God talks to us like we would to anyone in person, face to face. No, the Bible says to listen for the still, small voice of the Lord. In your heart.  I don't have the answers here, He does.  What His guidance might be? I have no idea yet.  I've prayed over it but I just need pray more.  

Where do I go with this business? What do I do next? How do I get people to come in now that there is so much competition in the region?  It's not just the new park that opened up, there are parks opening up all over the place. The one next to highway 59 in Domino, TX?  It isn't done yet but it's got concrete pads and asphalt driveways.  I can't compete with that.  People stop wherever they find that is cheap, yes, but also has to be nice.  I guess one thing that would help is if I could get more reviews. I ask people to post them, they say they will and they ---- don't.  Even if I send them a link.  

It's perplexing, perhaps I should have started a different kind of business. Not too late for that, actually, but it costs a lot of money. That is the type of business where you are not only offering the land but you are offering the housing as well.  There are no cheap options to that. Even building my own cabins would be pricey.  

I think I could do it, I just don't have the money for that.   But should I get into a loan right now?  I am second-guessing myself what with having 5 and today 6 empty spaces and not that much inquiry from interested renters.  I was thinking to run a Google ad. They are more pricey but they do have more reach.  The yurt tents is not totally out of the picture and I do have a place to put one.  That would still cost around 5 grand for the finished product and I wonder if it would actually produce enough guests to make any money off of it?  

I just don't know and I feel like I'm at a cross roads and I really need God's guidance on what to do next.  If a loan is needed, it's needed.  If not, then what? Nothing?  Just stay at 16 spaces and call it good?  Certainly not enough to live off of, I would have to work for many more years to come.   That is not my goal, my goal is to get out of working for anyone but myself.  I need "opportunity" to come my way and I trust in the Lord to make that happen if it's within His will.  His will be done, that's the end all of any scenario.  I don't want to do things He doesn't want me to do or isn't leading me to do.  

Opportunity could be anything.  Housing offered via payments?  Building cabins?  Some sort of small apartment structure?  Yurt tents?  Mobile homes?  I'm not above that, that was my original plan anyway.  

This is my dilemma right now. What to do next.  I haven't received the quote from the contractor. I wonder if that's a sign in  and of itself - don't do it.  I still think a hot tub is on the table. It's a relatively small investment for potential returns.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  I have the place to put it.  

Well, it's time to get my stuff and get out of here.

G'day






No comments:

 I've decided to get up at 4 am, get over to the park and get rolling out of there no later than 5 am.  That gets me to the washout at 6...