Wednesday, October 2, 2024

 I was looking at the 2 routes home.  The miles aren't that much different but there is over an extra hour taking I-40.  What I was really looking at is places to stop and what hotels are available. If I go 10 to 20, I'd likely stop in Odessa and there is a Marriott Residence Inn there and my points on another card will cover it.  It would leave something like 500 miles to go after driving over 700.  I could spend a nice evening at a nice hotel.  Get up whenever I feel like it in the morning and drive out the rest of the miles.  

I know without looking where I would stop on 40, Amarillo. It's a little over 500 miles from there to home.  I know this because my previous job and making numerous trips to the yard there.  Oh, that's a job a definitely do not miss.  That company is not doing well and drivers are not making much money there now.  I know this because I am still in a facebook group with them and they complain about it all the time.  They aren't getting the dispatches they used to. Sometimes, you look back on things and think, well that happened for a reason.  

I have 3 days of work left and then I'll be off 8 days.  I don't really want quite that much time off and it wouldn't have to be if I didn't have to drive back. Or plan on staying there for 3 full days plus 2 partial.  I could leave a day early, I suppose. Driving back, I really only need the permit and get the insurance covering the vehicle.  

Well insurance is easy, just went through all of that on the website, got it listed and saved for when I want to implement it. Probably going to downgrade the current vehicle to minimum liability for I don't want a huge insurance payment every month, it's already big enough with that accident and subsequent ticket on there.  I will probably shop around again once I get the thing registered in my name and see if I can find a better deal somewhere.  

I'm not sure what I want to do with the Ford - keep it or sell it or give it away. Probably not give it away, a person must have a source of income to drive a vehicle like that, it's a true gas hog.  I just haven't decided on that, I could use the funds tho.  I still like the thing is my problem.  I never liked Fords until I ended up with that.  It's loaded with options and it's still in decent shape excepting the driver's seat which needs reupholstered. 

I thought about why I am losing weight today and that came pretty quickly. I have eaten 2 salads today, a small bowl of taco soup and a peanut butter spoon.  That isn't a lot of food and that is likely all I'm going to eat.  The taco soup is delicious, but it's loaded with ground beef and cream cheese, hence it's on the "nay nay" list as John Pinnette would say (comedian, passed).  I can eat small portions of probably anything, but you know, when you are facing a serious side effect to high cholesterol, well, you're going to have to decide whether you want to live or die.  I'd like to live a while longer, I have something to live for and there is some purpose to my life.  I'd like to expand that, but at the moment, it's not bad.  

My jeans showed up.  I figure if I ever get back down to 34's, it's going to be quite a while at the rate I'm going and so new jeans were in order. These are not designer jeans, I'm really not into designer clothing. I balk at the price tags of fancy jeans, shirts and so on.  But, I do think I'll buy a more acceptable outfit for outings.  Just that for now, what I have is good enough for this trip. 

I did, indeed, pray over the business today.  Will keep praying until some sort of breakthrough or sign shows up, however that might happen and if the Lord so chooses.  Right now, that business is stalled, it seems anyway.  Of course, I've been through this before with lots empty and going quite a while before anyone shows up and then all of a sudden, 3 people show up.  I would love for that to happen soon.

I really gave thought about a hot tub.  I just don't see a down side to it for the cost.  But I should wait, I think, until I see where I should go with this.  What, exactly, am I looking for? God has ways of making his will known if you seek Him about it.  It may be very subtle, it may be glaring and in your face, but if you're looking for it, you will see it.  

I also don't see a downside to building a canopy over a single lot.  Well, I guess the down side would be building it and not getting what I want out of it for lot rent or even renting it at all.  ? See? What do I do?  I don't have the answers, I just have ideas.  I hate to be in a hurry to do the wrong thing.  I am always mindful of that element of any aspect of lift where you want to get something done but....you know you should wait.  

Right now, what I do know is that I only have a $440 per month payment on that property.  That's it.  I have utilities and wifi and such, but if I were to shut down the park and just empty it out, I'd just have minimal payments.  No, I am not considering doing that, just looking at the good side of not getting another loan.  Another loan means the property is added on to it plus the amount needed for the loan. Instead of $440 per month, it would likely be thousands.  

The thing I am absolutely sure of here is this: I have very few amenities.  Not in comparison to other RV parks.  I don't have a covered area for people to gather together, a BBQ pit, a game area, whatever other places have. I don't even have an office.  

Oh, the dude I have been talking about not paying his rent? He disappeared. His trailer was gone and he's gone, not answering messages and basically I am screwed once again out of lot rent for a person using ample amounts of electricity - on my dime.  

It uhh, is what, 4 of these types now? Him, the tent lady, the work kamper and the tent people. Well, the tent people did pay, they just took advantage of everything to the nth degree.  The tent lady owes me thousands of dollars that I'll never see, of course.  The workamper I just threw out because they weren't doing anything but mowing the doggy park and this dude.  

This is going to happen again. Some person is going to go in there under false pretenses, make claims and then they are going to try to screw me. The only thing I can say now?  That "poverty lot" I'm now going to call it? People are going to hear up front that if they are 1 day late on rent, they can expect a vacate notice replete with a trespassing notice, as prescribed by the rules that state has made for RV parks.  

I informed the washout place this morning that I was going to be calling early on Friday.  The conversation went to the dude that is ahead of me now but will be behind me on Friday. Oh, he comes in between 4 and 6 am at least once a week.  What?!!  Here I am thinking of showing up at the washout at 7:00 am and that may be too late?  It will not be anything close to his time slot but I can see him being there.  I was even thinking of leaving the Park at 4:30 am to be at the washout at 6:00 am. That may be too late? Weird.  

It has become glaringly obvious the manager doesn't want to hear the complaints.  I don't rightly care, tbh, but at the same time, I also don't want to be stuck on the late load forever.  I dunno, I'll decide when to get up tomorrow night.  If the man beats me, there is nothing I can do about it and the manager doesn't give a s***.  He has no control over his drivers, that's another glaringly obvious fact.  

I will likely get up very early and get that day done early.  I could be home by 10:00 am if I get there early enough and I don't run into this other driver.  

Enough of that nonsense.  It's irritating and I don't like to dwell on it too much.  The man claims to be a Christian on top of everything else.  He goes to church and ... what good is that doing him?  

The kids are leaving Sunday. Fall break, they call it, a week off. Grandma was going to stay for the time Taylor was out but that has changed.  The grandpa wants to see them.  I mean, the kids just spent half the summer up there, not like he hasn't spent any time with them...

I was going to offer to take them up to Gurdon and the grandparents can meet me there and save many, many hours of driving.  However, I'd like to take them to church on Sunday so I haven't made that offer - yet.  Not to mention they'd have to show up pretty early to get them, I don't want to have to wait on them.  It's 3 hour round trip to Gurdon and back for them, it's about 8 hours round trip coming all the way down here. They are driving down here and turning around and driving right back, hence the grandpa is coming so the driving duties can be shared. Grandma doesn't like to make the entire trip in the same day.  

Grocery stores are already out or running out of toilet paper. Not just here, either. One of my guests today said the Kroger's in Hot Springs where his family lives had one package of tp left when they went in there last.  Bad taste left in people's mouths from Covid and supplies running out, tp was the first to go.  This is panic buying.  There is no need, yet anyway, to run stores out of anything.  I mean, because everyone else is doing, it, it leaves us no choice? If we want to be able to clean ourselves after sitting on the toilet, what are you going to do? Just say no, we aren't going to stock up and risk it? That question was answered yesterday after they bought a 30 pack of tp and a 10 pack of paper towels.  I don't blame them and even considering now that people are just running it out of stores to get more if it's available.  No shelf life that I know of to toilet paper.  

Enough of this. Just got back from church, the boys got 2 solid hours there, which is good because I dunno if they're going on Sunday. Depends on when the grands show up.

No comments:

 I've decided to get up at 4 am, get over to the park and get rolling out of there no later than 5 am.  That gets me to the washout at 6...