Friday, August 14, 2026

 Thursday - morning

Got up early so I could see the kids off. In fact, I woke up 15 minutes before the alarm went off which was set at 5:30 am. The youngest was in a bad mood - predictable and expected - the oldest was in an ok mood, not used to getting up that early.  They went off and here I sit contemplating the day.

There is no truck work today.  It's been 11 days this time since I've worked.  Obviously I can't continue this forever and to that end I contacted my manager yesterday evening.  I really didn't know where the truck was or what was going on with it, I only knew Peterbilt passed the buck saying they don't do that kind  of work there.  

So, what happened and where is the truck?  Well, they had it towed clear up to the yard in El Dorado.  Lol.  We have a new mechanic who is allegedly a "real", certified truck mechanic.  He's apparently the one who's been working on it and diddling around with it.  What I heard from my manager is that he continued to find things wrong with it - yes, it's got a slew of problems but nothing safety related or that DOT would write me up and I've gotten used to a half working truck. 

It's why I refuse to sleep in it at all.  It's old, it doesn't have the modern conveniences newer trucks have, it's very plain Jane. It's good enough for a day truck, it isn't anything at all I would consider driving OTR.  But then again I wouldn't consider driving OTR in any truck so there is that.  

I"m sleepy.  I haven't been getting up early and so I pretty much need to force myself back into that habit.  Oh, off topic here. Another man working in the office who is co-owner of the company got mad yesterday and told the mechanic after the mechanic came in and said "I found this and that wrong with it" that he needed to have it finished by that afternoon before he goes home.

He did not finish it.  I don't know how much is left to go or even what's been done to it this time around.  The manager was speaking in generalities.  I'm more into specifics, I want to know everything and exactly what has been fixed.  The problem is this: once that mechanic gets done with whatever he's doing, then it has to be taken to a truck alignment shop.  

There isn't a truck

No comments:

 Thursday - morning Got up early so I could see the kids off. In fact, I woke up 15 minutes before the alarm went off which was set at 5:30 ...