Thursday, January 13, 2022

 So, finishing my shower, I received an email from the loan company with the final version of the closing.  I was literally shocked to find out that instead of the 85k I was going to get, it went down to 66k.

Now there's a history behind this.  The loan officer called me the other day asking me about this 20k that was "hidden" behind the loan. Yes, I told you about that at the beginning.  Okkk, he says, well that wasn't included in the loan amount.  

So what are you telling me? I replied. Are you going to take 20 grand off of the cash out?  He was looking at it while on the phone with me for a while, said well no, it looks like it was baked into the loan itself.  I said great.  Fast forward to literally just a few minutes ago and I'm looking at this thing and my plans going right out the window.  

I wanted 70k left over after paying off debt.  I texted him my dismay and confusion about this. He immediately called me - I'm speaking of the loan officer -and went off how he told me the other day about this.  Yes, you did and you said the 20k was actually part of the original loan, nothing to worry about.  We went back and forth for several minutes, until he finally apologized.  He said he thought he had clarified it for me and it's up to me.  He did go over the details of even with only 66k, I'm saving a ton of money off of the current loan because of the way they made it up. 

Yes, I didn't know they had made it a 40 year loan, that information wasn't disclosed to me at all.  They must have just slid it on by me without my knowing it, I would never have agreed to a 40 year loan.  Or would I? My memory serves me that the loan was 30 years.  That means right now, I should have around 22 years left on it.  It was a modification made during the Obama era, well after the 2008 housing bubble that - screwed America up for quite a while.  

I knew about the 20k thing, I didn't know about the 40 year thing.  Anyway, it had dropped my monthly payment almost $300 and I was quite pleased with that.  

We discussed this new loan for a bit and I just opted to go ahead and continue on with it.  I can't get 66k loan at 2.3% interest rate anywhere else, that's a fact.  And it's only adding $300.  A 66k personal loan would have me in the $1,500 per month range.  So, still waiting on the dude to show up, but now my mind is flooded with new thoughts about how to handle everything.  Should I still pay off some debt and get 2 loans paid off and some credit card debt pay off?

I think the easy answer to that is yes, definitely. But now, how much of it should I pay down?  I am paying it down $500 over minimum monthly payments as it stands, but it was going to take a while to get them down into near zero territory.  

I'll be thinking about that for a while.  No need to rush it, but I will pay off those small loans this month.  I also realized I won't have to pay the mortgage this month.  The loan will be paid off, there is no need to make that payment.  I can use that towards paying off those loans.  

I just have to rethink what I am going to put up initially.  I still need a bath house and an office.  I'm guessing around $35k for those two, maybe 40k.  A swimming pool I wasn't going to pay cash on anyway, I was going to try to get a pool loan. 

Actually, thinking about it, I just want to get my credit cards down to 10% of total available credit. That's when your credit score cranks up nicely.  The rest I'll just pay off over time, continuing with making large cash payments towards the highest amount on one particular card that I've used quite a bit.  

Ok. Getting it down to 10% won't be that much money, I should have round 122k after all is said and down towards building out the park. 26k for the utilities, probably another 15k for the gravel and lots, 8k for the office building and unknown for the bath house.  I was thinking 20k but that might be low balling it. I'm not planning on building a huge bath house, just maybe 1 bathroom/shower for men and 1 for women plus a small laundry room on the side - or - get another portable build for laundry.  

Actually, I can get a decent sized portable building for a bath house as well, around 10k. But, you have to do all the interior work.  I bet another 10k to do all of that.  I'm not really there yet, sort of tho now that I won't have as much money as I originally anticipated.  

Well with all of that I'm at no more than 75k, I'll say 80k to be safe.  That's 42k left over to do everything else.  I think I'm safe.  The other stuff is a doggy park, finish the walking trails, dig out a pond and develop the lots - new, small trees to be planted and plant grass. Put some bushes near the trees and over time it will all grow to be a beautiful setup.  Oh, picnic tables at every lot and fire rings.  And also tent camp sites - but those shouldn't cost too much.  Primitive sites, they will have running water, picnic table, fire ring and considering building these pads they put up with sand in them - I think it's sand anyway - to pitch a tent on and have a more comfortable setting.   and that's it.  If they want electricity, they can stay home lol. No way, at least currently, that I'm running electricity all the way back there, far too costly.

Some day, if I ever decide to build a house back there, then yes, they will have to install telephone poles to run the power line over the easements.  Not sure how I'll get water back there with those easements, perhaps I can just install the line with shut off valve, if they need to dig up a portion of it in an emergency, just destroy the pipe and do what you need to do, I can fix it after they're done. A separate septic system would have to be installed back there.  

Oh, back on Keto. Went off of it for the holidays, started back up about 5 days ago.  Getting fat, the problematic point for me is contemplating having to buy the next sized up pants. No thanks.

Anyway, the officer should be here any time now.  

No comments:

 Wednesday - 10:00 am Yes folks, I am just now climbing out of bed and drinking my morning coffee.  Why? Because I can, agenda for the day b...