Thursday, July 23, 2026

 Thursday - afternoon

We got home yesterday around --- 7 ish?  No a little earlier than that.  We emptied out the truck completely and I put everything away that wasn't clothes/personal items related.  

I've very tired, as I expected would be the case after getting home from a fairly long vacation starting on Thursday and ending on Wednesday.  Which is why I took today off as well, but really, I need a couple of days recuperation time.  

My phone has been ringing off the hook for hours now.  All kinds of things, one of which came in about half an hour ago.  My truck isn't done yet, it's going to be completed either tomorrow or Monday.  I really thought they would have had that thing done by now, it's been in there what, 9 days now? I wonder what that repair bill will be. Well, there are multiple repair bills - everything is billed separately as is their habit in truck repair centers. The AC repair is separate from the oil leak repair, which is separate from the engine brake repair - well you get the picture.  

Anyway, one of the messages was about them wanting me to take another truck to use tomorrow for a Ennis run.  First off, how am I supposed to get up there?  I am not asking the lady of the house to drive me that far, that's 2-1/2 by pickup if you take the shortest direction, which you would obviously, but that isn't available for trucks with weight restricted bridges.  I think about that anytime I'm doing anything in a vehicle lol, even when it doesn't apply.  

This dispatcher is a nice person but when it comes to doing schedules, she isn't very good at it. The manager wouldn't likely ask me to do such a thing.  I don't want to go up to the yard, pick up what truck in who knows what condition, drive over the Crossett and drive home and then have to drive to Dallas and then what? Drive back to the yard?  I'm not driving my personal vehicle and frankly, I was at the point of telling them I'm not going to work again until the insurance problem is solved.  

Annnnndddd then. Another phone call. I'm not answering my phone because I'm busy getting post-vacation stuff done. There is a lot to do. I'm just taking a break because of this particular phone call.  I've had to wash my bedding - they left my dog in my bedroom most of the time. We came home yesterday and yes, I remember now, it was just before 6 pm and he was in my room.  I knew the dog would pee on my bed, just a granted at this point, he doesn't do it anymore because I don't let him.  He stays outside when I'm not home - excepting vacation obviously.  

He has to be able to come in at night and not bark all night long plus have a retreat from the outdoors. It's still quite hot out and tho I keep cool water out there and he has plenty of shade, I do like my dogs indoors at night and sometimes during the day depending on what's going on.  Today? Nope.  

Oh, well the dog peed on the bed, I could feel it wet so that was all washed in hot water heavy soil mode.  I vacuumed the carpet and just got finished going over the carpet multiple times with a carpet cleaning machine. I'm thinking of having a professional carpet cleaning company come out and really get the carpet deep cleaned. 

Anyway, this "broker" calls. They deal with our company and they deal with the Bavvy company in getting stuff done like our benefits.  How many companies have to be involved with this? I didn't even know about these people.  

She left a book's worth of a message. The long story short: Bavvy screwed up, but I already knew this.  This lady said she's going to be dealing with this from here on out. She is in a separate company unrelated to Bavvy but apparently deals with them making sure issues are resolved. She said she was  totally sorry for the "terrible" situation - at least they admit that much - that I was put in and that Bavvy had sent me an email about permission to set up whatever that gives authorization to have the account set up for auto pay. 

That is obviously not my venue, I don't deal with that. I deal with trucks and glue.  I am not HR, they had no business sending me that email.  She then stated that my company was not at fault here, I disagree with that statement vehemently. I have informed my company since these late pays ending in no pay started and they did nothing about it. They bear at least partial responsibility.  Maybe not all of it, but certainly some of it lands directly on their heads. 

What I'm getting at here is that the problem was identified in Bavvy not following through with an email they sent to the wrong person and not ensuring that it was corrected.  I had no dealings with Bavvy at all until July 2, when I found out my insurance had been canceled on May 31st.  I never even heard their name before, I think I might have seen that email they had sent and I didn't know who it was or why it was being sent to me, I just ignored it. I did not ignore the emails from Christus telling me the payment is late for several months running and in jeopardy of having my insurance  removed. 

I don't know who did what here, but Bavvy is paying my company back the premiums paid this year, I am going to be reimbursed all of what I have paid - it's a chunk of change folks, it's not just a few dollars, I pay for decent insurance because I want and need that kind of coverage.  They are also going to pay my premiums for the rest of the year.  At the end of this ordeal - well we'll see if we are actually at the end or not - I am not paying a dime for health insurance this year at all.  

This is thousands of dollars. Close to 5k on my end of it, double that on my company's end. That's how expensive health care coverage is and I rarely use it, I just have it because that "something" that might happen, God forbid, but stuff happens to people all the time and age isn't really even a factor.  Kids, teens, young adults, middle aged, old.  If you want to be able to get the care you need in a time of need and not lose everything you own? You best have health care insurance coverage. 

It's a happy - well I'm a bit reserved on it right now for the fact of everything I've gone through with this ordeal, we'll see if they actually do what they're going to say - but  aside from the fact I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch - ending. Everyone knows I was pissed because the situation continued to escalate and I was pretty   upset when this Bavvy company dissed me, didn't call when they said they were going to, put me off on the phone.

The only thing I don't understand is who is covering me right now. Is it Christus or the company I found to give temporary insurance? That was not clarified.  I can't use the company I found until the end of the year, federal or state law prohibits it - I think it's Texas law but my memory is a bit foggy for all I have read and tried to absorb on this matter to try and get it resolved.  It's temporary health insurance coverage only intended to cover a person - well going through something like this.  I never knew such coverage existed and neither did my employer, I thank AI of all "people" for not only telling me about it but giving several links to find the coverage I needed and the thing was even imploring me to go ahead and get it with or without employer permission and get that coverage!

I didn't listen to it at first but after it became obvious this situation wasn't going to be resolved any time soon and I wanted coverage before we went on vacation? Yea, I did it even when they were trying to stop me from doing so.  I didn't care at that point, it obviously doesn't affect them, why should it matter if I have coverage or not to them? Obviously it didn't.  

A LOT of people got involved with this situation thanks to me contacting all kinds of people within my company, contacting Bavvy myself, calling a government agency and threatening to fill a complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission for theft of wages. It most certainly as theft as far as I'm concerned, they were taking my money and not giving the services it was supposed to be paying for.  They knew I was serious and I was contemplating contacting a lawyer.  That's very expensive, last resort type of thing. 

Anyway, I need to get back to the chores I was doing and then I am going to rest. This has been one of the most exhaustive vacations I've been on in quite a while. We did a LOT of walking in extreme heat.  Everyone else - people much younger than me - are also worn out and didn't want to go back to work for lack of energy. 






















No comments:

 Thursday - afternoon We got home yesterday around --- 7 ish?  No a little earlier than that.  We emptied out the truck completely and I put...