Sunday, July 19, 2026

 Sunday night

Long several days, no real time to put up posts tho I did remember to bring my laptop with me at least.

Sort of a different agenda traveling with another family.  Baton Rouge was going to the new and old state capitol - interesting but very hot and a lot of walking in that heat.  Then we were going to see something I would have really loved - the Kitt warship - but it had been moved to a drydock for a years long restoration.

Over to New Orleans and I can finally say I've been to Bourbon street and I can also say it's not  a place I would be interested in visiting again.  It was very hot, smelly, dirty, etc.  Lots of drug users, drunks, people passed out on streets, sidewalks, grass, etc.  The hotel was a pile of .... as well.  Nothing like the pics showed it and how they could get all of those awesome reviews? They had to have paid people to put them up there. I gave them a 1 star and I would have given them zero stars if possible.  The rooms showed a pic of a queen sized bed and double bunk beds. The rooms? Were the size of large walk in closets, had no queen bed and 2 sets of bunk beds. No furniture, there wasn't room for any.

The whole place was ridiculous and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Turns out it isn't a hotel, it's a hostel even tho it says hotel in their name.  I mean, we got the rooms to ourselves but even one of the rooms, the door wouldn't close they had to relocate.  The only thing good was at least the ac was working.  

We spent the rest of the first day and much of the second day there - I did not want to spend that much time there but apparently I was along for the ride.  It wasn't all bad, the Christmas store was very interesting.  I think halfway through the second day and after trudging through unbearable heat and humidity, we left there but there were several stops on the way to Gulf Shores, so many so that we didn't get there in time to get into the ocean.  

I did get to meet up with an old friend who is a regular reader of this blog, that was nice.  Yesterday, we spent most of the day at the beach. I got my fill of the water and dragging a heavy cart through deep sand, once in and once out. It was a chore just to walk through it, much more drag that thing! But we all had fun, I spent alot of it in the water.  

I'm kinda skipping past things, maybe get more depth this week when we get back home, but we are getting up early in the morning to clean the house, get our stuff packed and head over to Destin for 2 more days of beach fun or whatever.  Hopefully beach fun.  Fair chance of rain there tomorrow, pretty good chance on Tuesday.  I dunno what else there is to do over there, some tropical storm is trying to move in and even if it doesn't turn into a hurricane or high wind event, it's likely to dump a lot of rain. 

I won't let the spoil my vacation, we'll just find other things to do. 






No comments:

 Sunday night Long several days, no real time to put up posts tho I did remember to bring my laptop with me at least. Sort of a different ag...