Thursday - afternoon
I've been hitting it nicely with loading and unloading times and getting home at very reasonable hours. Third load done since I went back to work and going smoothly. Another run starting tomorrow, I hope for more of the same.
I'll have Sunday through Wednesday off. I think. It's because Sunday only one load is going out and they already have someone to do that and Tuesday the truck goes into the alignment shop and the shop already told them that truck is going to need to be there 24 hours. No idea what they're doing beyond king pins and shocks.
I'm almost back from the run today and get a text from my friend. She is trying to locate the person at the church who wants to ask her about getting baptized but found everything locked up. Try the office.
The next thing I know, I was being asked to come in as well. The situation is that they want me to baptize them - they both asked for me to do it specifically, I did not prime the pump and suggest it at all, I figure that needs to come from the Lord. So, they asked the kid about his faith at church on Sunday and now they had a conversation with her today in their office.
I came strolling in a short while later after getting the truck parked and doing post trip inspection and got into a fairly heavy conversation about my relationship with the Lord - Jesus Christ that is, I like to name His name for there is "no other name given among men whereby we must be saved" and "the name above ALL names" and so on and so forth. Lots of scripture pops into my mind when I think about His Name and what He has done for all of us.
Well, all of us who choose to believe anyway.
I discussed my salvation and how I got to that point and then discussed my missionary work after the fact and traveling all over Mexico. He was surprised. I have just been going to church and I don't announce myself in any given way. I'm just another man in the crowd as far as I'm concerned, nothing special here. But I gave details that he apparently didn't expect to hear from me and scripture? Is always running around through my head.
I really mean that. It isn't often that someone says something to me and some scripture doesn't come to mind that applies to it. I don't announce that at all either, I just think about it.
It turns out the kid is really driving this thing here. He wants to get baptized with his mom, ok! But he also wants to do his video with mom as well. Remember, they are both going to be baptized sort of at the same time. I don't see how anyone can baptize 2 people at once so I'll have to do them one after the other.
The video is something they do before any and every baptism at the church. The person gives a sometimes long statement about who they are, what they like, what they are doing etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment