Friday, October 9, 2026

 Friday - afternoon

I'm just not in the shape I used to be.  I can't do that kind of work for more than 4 hours, I just run completely out of steam. I haven't really had an active lifestyle what with trucking and just operating machinery on the property so it's really hitting me pretty good.  I'm completely worn out right now and it's only 12:20 pm.  

I started early, but I was in and out of the trench and having to face a serious problem.  The entire length of pipe I installed previously is either level or just a little sloping, nothing like what it needs for raw sewage to be flowing through it.  Lifting up on 150 feet worth of pipe to try and push dirt underneath turnout out to be a ridiculous, time and energy consuming exercise in futility.  

I only checked the existing pipe this morning, I'm certainly glad I did.  But there is so much minutia involved.  Weeds - very large weeds - over hanging the trench to the point I just got out my chainsaw and ended up cutting it all down with that. Then getting all of that junk out of the ditch.  The craftsmen battery pack running out of power so I had to go clear to the shed to plug that in, then decided to take down this evil tree growing right next to the shed. It has very sharp thorns all over it and if you touch it even lightly, you are getting stuck by these things.  

I had thought about this quite a while and decided the only way to do this without breaking my back is to get pressure treated 2x4's, cut them into 6 inch sections and use it to prop up the pipe.  I also got composite shims - the pipe has to continuously go up so each piece of wood will necessarily need shims on it to keep elevating it until I get to the point it will need 2 pieces of 2x4's on top of each other.  

Yes I did research on this to ensure this is an acceptable method and it is. The caveat is pressure treated rated for in ground wood.  Otherwise, the wood rots quickly and your pipe caves where the wood pieces are.   

_________

Long rest later, feeling better but still just have to remember not to try over doing it.  High temps are still hot but slated to come down substantially a week from now.  THAT will be good. I can drive the truck and then go work a few hours on the project and then go home.  

Right now, we have high temp forecast slated in the 90's until Thursday of next week.  As long as it's staying that hot, I just can't work out in that too long before I have to stop.  Definitely let myself get out of shape and now paying for it.  Well, the up side is that I'm getting good workouts!      

I have the methodology figured out, I just need to get it done.  Once I get to the end of the pipe, I can just fill dirt in to raise up the floor instead of using the wood. Trying to keep costs down here a bit....it all adds up.

I have work in the morning, first load. Haven't heard back from my manager since he got grumpy with me and declaring "yup, the load is in the system" and I'm replying, "Nope, the load is not in my table and I checked 4 times".  What are they going to do, fire me?  Let them.  I doubt they will do that unless something serious happens, squabbles with the manager aren't in that territory.  I don't know if he got someone else to do it or not and I frankly don't care.  They have left me hanging enough times it's all on them at this point.  

The lady of the house is leaving in a few minutes, she's going on a weekend getaway with her lady friends - all of which I know - they have rented an AirBnB somewhere near Dallas, I think.  They do this once in a while.  I will be home along until Sunday evening.  My only responsibility will be to feed the cats and the dogs, letting her dogs out but bringing one in because he's an escape artist. Not sure how that will go, it's not my dog and he doesn't listen to me.  She suggested using food as a lure. The dog is continuously ravagely hungry, it's insane.  I'll try is all I can say. 

I'm tired.  More like exhausted.  I hope that after a while of doing this I will start to get some semblance of being in shape again and get some of my stamina back.  I should never have let myself go like that, but I did. Again, it was almost shocking when I got on that scale some 4 or 5 months ago and saw it sitting at 241 pounds. It was an instant decision to go back on Keto, modified version, and get the weight off. I'm currently stuck at 32 pounds, it has been going like this for some time. Lose a couple pounds and get stuck there up to a month.

But, the fact of the matter is?....I'm losing weight and not putting it back on.  And now I'm getting some crazy physical exercise.  

I think I'm going to end this one.  5 hours until bedtime, not sure what I will do with my new found freedom of Home Alone, but I'll figure it out.  

No comments:

 Friday - afternoon I'm just not in the shape I used to be.  I can't do that kind of work for more than 4 hours, I just run complete...