Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday

The last 2 days have been extremely busy work-wise. Show up for work, load the semi and take off.
Today I was running at an incredible pace - and all over the place. By the time I got back to the yard from my first run, which took over 7 hours, I was already bushed. I had to go out on yet a second run - and then I started feeling bad.

Something hit me and took the wind right out of me. I was very glad to get home today, sit down and take a load off my feet.

Switching gears had the small cans of tomato sauce on sale this week - 7 for a buck. That's a GREAT deal - and for my storage program, I'm going to buy at least 70 cans. I just buy things here and there and dump it into my food storage. Whatever is on sale, I buy a lot of it. I have been using some of it - but still - I have accumulated quite a lot of canned and boxed food in there. We are most certainly not out of the woods yet as far as this economy is concerned - I am not stopping my food storage plans for a while to come. You can do quite a lot with tomato sauce - a very versatile food and has about a 2 year shelf life span. Fry's does not put a limit on the number of cans you can buy when it comes to vegetables, tomato sauces and stuff like that. They definitely put a limit on meats.

I ended up confronting the tenant - via written notices as I have found that the best way to deal with such things versus in-your-face confrontations - I do believe the situation may work itself out.

Anyway, I'm just not feeling well right now, so I'm ending this one.
ben

4 comments:

becomingkate said...

Glad that you gave him written notice. I remember him doing this before, but taking that ham was terrible.

Dorrie said...

I agree with Kate, taking the ham was stealing and he should pay for it! It was NOT right!

Be careful you don't burn out...

Fijufic said...

Written notices are always good. Just lock down the food pantry or keep a fridge/stash food in your room.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to agree taking Easter ham was a pretty foul thing to do. He says he didn't take it, yet he replies to me in an email that "I didn't take any of your meats, the boys must have done it". I never said anything to him about what food was missing - I instead left a notice in my refrigerator absolutely BLASTING the person that took my ham. I had told the boys not to take any of the ham after what I had already given them - I know they didn't do it.
He knows I'm onto him in all of this - and frankly, if he would just ask, I would give him some food - just not my ham (or my steaks for that matter). I have plenty of hot dogs and bologna - if he is truly hungry, that stuff would suffice.
My food stash is in my giant cupboard - in my bathroom. I hardly use any of that space for anything else, so I am keeping stuff in there.
ben

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...