Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday

So, it's supposed to rain again - today or tomorrow don't remember when. This state has been under a drought for years - and years now - the question was posed on the news as to whether we are out of the drought yet. It has been raining up north for some time now - that is where our lakes and underground reservoirs are that mostly feed the Phoenix area. No, was the answer, but we're almost there. Well I ain't no meteorologist and I am no scientist of any kind, but I'd say if the reservoirs are filled and the lakes are all filled up - that's a pretty good sign that we're well on our way out of it. Some of the lakes had fallen to record low levels to the point they appeared to be drying up altogether.

I have hardly been watering my plants in the last few months - between winter and not needing as much watering and Mother Nature doing a lot of the watering for me - well, my water bill is way down. I'm bracing myself for the summer to come and am starting to dump money onto the power card reader as often as I can to try and get ahead - want to have $400 on there by June and have a jump on the high electric usage coming my way. Oh, and of course the water usage goes WAY up in the summer.

So, these new people moved in - let the dogs out, I got mad, very mad considering they were told in advance about that s*** and not leaving the gate open, but it's hopefully good now. They ARE very clean people. I will give them that much, they are what they said they were in that arena. The woman has thoroughly scrubbed that trailer inside and even though the thing is far from finished, at least it's clean in there.

Today, that kind of cleaning starts in my house. I just did that kind of cleaning middle of last week - this is part of the trade-off - they pay for their use of utilities plus cleaning projects. The guy, of course, is working on the trailer trying to get the thing done. It'll be a while, is all I can say. There is alot of work to do to make it leak-free, rotten-wood free and electrical system good. I am seeing people that are very happy to be off of the streets and could care less if the thing is done or not. I ran them an electrical line, gave them a small lamp, an inflatable bed. They already had their own microwave in there and I'm going to let them use the refrigerator I have in my room - I haven't needed to use it since Ken was found unconscious in his bedroom - the mooching/theiving of my drinks is long since gone. That will take care of most of their needs. The big issue after the trailer is done is whether to dig a trench and run a sewer line or not. I say yes - he says who's going to dig the trench? Okay, 110 plus feet of trench is a lot - but - I could either rent a Ditch-Witch and have it done in short manner or hire a couple of people off of the street corners to do it by hand. Neither here nor there, no priority at this point is being given to it simply because there is so much other stuff to get done first and because they have access to the bathroom in-house.

I'm still laughing at Obama and his statement that he'll "meet GOP halfway" on healthcare. WHERE were such statements not even a month ago, when he and all the Dems were sitting there, smugly and defiantely meeting behind closed doors "knowing" they would get mostly whatever they wanted in that bill? I saw nothing but pure arrogance and grandstanding - I hope the bill totally dies and they start something new - something that doesn't have enough dollar bills attached to it that you could build a path to Pluto with the ensuing waste.

The head cold goes on. The continual runny nose - goes down my throat and into my lungs at night, mornings are hell. Hard to breath, takes half the morning before I feel "good" again. I have a lot of driving to do today, I hope I am feeling up to the "challenge". Mostly highway driving, though, not so bad as all city type of driving.

As for this entry, it's history cause' I'm running out of time before time to sign in to work.
G'day.
ben

No comments:

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...