Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday 1/31/2012

End of month.  Meaning work will be pushing to get whatever deliveries we can - out the door.

You gotta love this woman in San Luis (small town in southern Arizona) that was running for mayor, whose name was removed from the ballot.  Why?  Because she can't proficiently speak, write or understand English.  So, she is suing! ROFL!!

This is what it's like living in this part of the U.S.  We get people from across the border who move over here and live out their lives - but never bother to learn the language of the land. Instead, they literally demand that companies and governments pander to them and have interpreters or bilingual agents/reps to serve them. They want signs in Spanish and they want everything doubled up - English version and Spanish version.  They could care less that they are living in a predominantly English-speaking country.

It's the never-ending story.

Meanwhile, Pannetta is stating that "No options are off the table" concerning Iran and eluding to military action if it comes to that.  Yes, Iran needs to be stopped, no, the U.S. doesn't need to take on another war all by itself.  That's all I'm saying about it, we don't need to be footing the bill - both financially and at the cost of however many American lives - again.

My battle with Hewlett-Packard has only begun.  Although I did make some progress yesterday, the real progress will occur today - hopefully  anyway - when I contact corporate and get answers to my questions, especially the question about an appointment made and abandoned by their company.  Not only abandoned, but no courtesy-call that they aren't showing.  The appointment had literally been cancelled with no rhyme or reason as to why.  The individual I spoke with yesterday claimed that replacing the LCD screen has to be done in a clean room, not by an in-home visit from a tech.

I am not a fan of having my pre-work rituals interfered with by anyone.  Exactly what is happening right now and extremely irritating.  Whatever.

Off to work.

Ben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben

I remember my Dell laptop screen karked it several years ago and the Dell techie that was sent out to my home didn't have a problem with swapping the screen out for a new one. Not a mention was made about the replacement having to be done in a clean room.

Very rude of them not to keep you updated. Hope you get sorted soon.

Cheers

Lynne
Western Australia

BenB said...

This is certainly an interesting comment. I just went looking around the internet - apparently people replace their OWN screens all the time - without any clean rooms!! Thank you for that information!

BenB said...

Of course!! Eureka. I didn't build my desktop in a clean room. Computers are exposed to a variety of external elements in heat, cold and dust - laptops included. Think clean room in an Intel plant building processors and such. Duhhhhh on me, why didn't I think of that before? Ummm, I have some revisiting to do here with this company.

 Friday late-morning Typical morning when there is no work.  It was, I should say, until the new guy called.  "There's nothing wron...