Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 I rechecked the property after getting news about it.  That property had been on the market over 200 days.  So what happens, now the third time, when I want to seriously consider buying it? It's on contract.  Meaning someone has committed to buy.  The deal isn't done yet, but it's likely it's a done deal. 

Getting frustrating.  I found 2 other properties, one of them is too far off the beaten trail the other looks like it's barren from satellite image.  I don't need something so far out of the way no -one will bother with it and I know I don't want a virtually treeless property.  I was sold on the one today.  It had it's quirks but I thought I could work around all of that.  

Back to square one.  

One has to wonder if this just isn't God's plan for me.  

Or is the enemy attempting to get in the way?

So it's probably too late to get a loan for the tuesday auction, meaning that isn't going to likely produce anything either.  I'm still going to go to the auction for one reason: There is no way of knowing if a lot of people will show up or possibly very few people.  I've heard the rich dude saying it goes both ways.  If there are few people, I might still have a chance at one of the cheaper properties with enough acreage.  

Regardless, I am heading out - 10 days after my last run - tomorrow.  My manager contacted me, asked me about my license.  I seem to remember you were doing something with your license?  Yes, I thought, I texted you the entire story.  But, he talks to too many people in any given day.  Well didn't you need to do something else after explaining it again? Yes, I had to go give my fingerprints for the hazmat endorsement, I got that done yesterday.  Ohhh, ok, well you are in the running for the lottery, I'll call you back later.

The lottery being an actual run.  There are only a couple of loads a day going out.  I really didn't care where the run took me, get me back on the road making some kind of money, even if it's a low paying run. I'll take it over nothing.

Instead of him calling back later, the dispatcher texted a couple of hours later: You won the lottery!  Yayyy! She said she would text me the details shortly, without telling me where it's going.  All of these plants are hurting for the product we deliver now.  Like shut down status.  Amazingly enough, the run is back to where I last went, West Virginia. They take a load per week that I know of, meaning we are going to be delivering it .... 5 days late.  

That's obviously not our fault, but I do hope this storm and all the tragic consequences it had doesn't also get these plants to thinking about some other way of getting their product.  There's actually only one way I can think of, and that's to have other plants that produce the product to get the licensing to load trucks with it.  Like, in other regions.  That would be devastating, of course, for that would mean loading out of another plant - somewhere - in the US.  

Whatever.  The kitchen being torn up, we went out to eat again.  But we determined that going out with the kids is more trouble than it's worth.  It's just a chore, instead of enjoying the meal, you're trying to get kids to behave, sit still, sit correctly and actually eat the food.  If we must eat out, it's either no kids or takeout and bring it home.  

I'm going to reign in expenses and eating out is one of the first things on the list.  We have done a of that in recent times and it takes a pretty good chunk of change to pay for all of that. I'm not saying I always pay for it, but I am saying it's more money than it's worth, doing it that frequently.  I don't mind cooking for the most part.  Oh, well there is one perk tho, Taylor will be getting 50% off eating at Chili's when she's been working there 90 days.  That's for up to 6 people in a party.  So that's doable I suppose, the bill today for 2 kids 2 adults was $20 with that discount given to her.

Well, I'm already ready for the road tomorrow.  And it's not an early load, a relief since I have only been getting up early the last two days. It's 9:00 am load, which is perfect for starting back up again.  But if it's 9:00 am, that means there's two loads before me.  I dunno, I'll have lots of questions at the plant tomorrow lol.

So anyway, I'm going to relax, go to sleep and tackle tomorrow - tomorrow.  

No comments:

Sooo..... After fixing the brakes on the trailer myself, I headed down to Nacogdoches. After getting the trailer washed out, I was talking w...