Monday, April 5, 2021

 It's time.

I am putting in bank applications at several places.  I have one preferred for they only want 10% down and competitive interest rates - but I'll take a 20% property - just means a lower monthly payment.  

Meanwhile, Zillow now has my Phoenix house valued at 295k.  So tempting.  The house is 10 minutes from down town Phoenix.  On the base of a mountain, the views are over the city and can see well off on clear days - if there are any.  Selling it at that price would give me a handy 150k profit.  Not that it would sell at that price - but not that it wouldn't.

Location, location, location.  The entire city and surrounding cities are virtually landlocked and all of the land is developed.  If you wanted to build a house in the Phoenix metro area but near downtown Phoenix? Good luck.  There's nothing available. You'll have to go 50 plus miles outside of town.  Of course, you could buy a house, knock it down and build whatever you want.  That's a San Francisco scenario. We aren't quite there yet, but all of these people moving to Arizona from New York, California, Illinois and other places have created a huge demand for housing.  

It would be a fine day to have an RV park there.  I could charge $800 per month just for the lots.  

Oh, well I only got onto that subject because a realtor sent me a message - this wasn't the "I want to buy your house" junk, it was we'll do a valuation of your house with comps and give you a number of what we think it's worth.  They came up with 185k.  I laughed out loud at that.

But, this was a comprehensive list of houses they used to come up with that valuation.  The problem? Most of it were mobile homes that are 30, 40 even 50 years old.  They aren't even in the same realm as my house.  There are no comps in the neighborhood, no one has brought any new manufactured homes. The only thing that is worth more are the few, site built homes that have been built.  

NO one is moving out of that neighborhood. There is nowhere to go!  Sell your place and go - where?  Texas, in my case lol, but I"m saying there is no valid reason for anyone to sell even their old, junk mobile home if they have no place to go.  

I dropped my phone today. It landed on a concrete floor. It was the last straw.  The screen cracked and I put in a warranty claim. I have the insurance that covers you even if you do something stupid - like dropping your phone on the floor.  But it's hardly what is all wrong with it. The charging port has all but quit working.  I thought it was bad phone cord - I tried it on 5 different cords, 2 of them brand new I bought today.  Fortunately, I have a charger where you just put the phone on a pad and it somehow "infuses" energy into the battery.  I have no clue how that works, but it's working fine.  

Besides that, I click on an app or on a link or just trying to click on a facebook link and it takes forever for it to switch.  Nothing like when I first got this phone. And, the camera doesn't work right.  So I made the claim. They ask you the specifics - yup, I dropped it but it's had several other issues.  It doesn't really matter, when you're paying for the "whatever happened" insurance, they are going to replace it regardless.  

It still works, at least, til I get the new one, which should be tomorrow or the next day. But I'm leaving for Oklahoma tomorrow afternoon, seriously doubt it will be there before I leave.  

They're keeping me busy as of lates, I'll give them that.  I'd say I'm ready for a break - but my bank account disagrees with me. I've had 3 good runs in a row, that will help.  I don't mind taking one or even 2 low paying runs in a row, it's when we get to 3. Or if I get two - but it's spread out so long that I'm eating more than a week's pay's worth.  

Anyway, I have a late load tomorrow - 2:30 pm.  That's really sucky.  Means I'll be out of the plant around 4:30 - 5:00 - drive 6 hours, drop and hook (plant open 24 hours) then find the nearest place, which is 25 miles away, to park for the night.  But whatever, it is what it is.  I just like the "normal" Oklahoma run when you leave in the morning and get back the next day - in the morning.  

Finally? The 8 acres I was looking at, I could get for less than $300 per month payments if I could get one of these banks to move there @$$es and get on with the program.  30 year loan, yes.  But whatever. That payments are next to nothing so I don't care about that.  

My next mental project - things that I have to do research on, make phone calls, attempt to find the right info, etc - things that I have no knowledge about and have to get educated on - is getting my undivided interest in the hunting property - divided and in my name.  That will entail calling or emailing a lawyer specializing in land laws.  I could see spending a grand on that - if it would get me 2 acres in my name.  That would open up other possibilities that I need not go into here now because - that may never happen. It isn't a great priority, but if it were something I could get done without too much more money into that property I would definitely do it. 

And next land auction? I'm going to look at every single piece of land, the small stuff going for small stuff. Land out in the country - nothing else.  Rent to own - what I wanted to do in the city.  That's another issue, the city and their progressive rules.  Wanting things that aren't going to happen in any of their lifetimes.  Rent to own is appealing. Small  down payment, affordable monthly rates and eventually they have their own place. I have decided that at some point I'm going to take my issue up with the city council about one of my existing properties.  But not until after the 180 day period has expired and I have an actual deed/title in hand for the property, not a sheriff's deed.  

Things that cost money but hopefully make money in the end.  Things that make you have to learn about things you have no knowledge of. Things that in the end, may actually make you happy that you had to go through all of that mental fatigue in searching out information because you came to understand how it works without going to school or actually working in the field. 

And with that? I am offa here, watch a show and go to bed late.  I mean, I don't have to leave the house until 12:45 pm tomorrow......

Nite.  

No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...