Sunday, June 20, 2021

 I was 7.2 miles from the yard before I ran out of driving hours to get back to the yard. Obviously I'm not stopping that close to the yard, I took care of that business and now am at home.  Of course, everyone was asleep by the time I got here, such is my life as a truck driver with highly irregular hours and shifts that make no rhyme or reason to the average person that has a set schedule and gets to go home every  day.  

To that end - the being home every day part - I am contacting the city tomorrow to ensure that I am going to be able to get water to the property without - bs problems.  This property doesn't have existing water service so I'm guessing it may take a bit to find the right person to talk to.  The line will have to be dug up and a saddle or a sleeve - depending on how the city wants it done - will have to be installed.  

I don't know which type they want and I don't know how big a line I will need yet.  I'm not sure a 2 inch line will be sufficient. I'm thinking a 4 inch line to service as many RV's as I eventually want to have there in terms of numbers of pads.

I really don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow beyond attempting to get answers from the City.  I almost dread even contacting them, I know how they feel about their government positions.  But it must be done.  Can I get water without some sort of legal hassle?  Based on my experience attempting to get an answer about getting water at another Oh, well yes, I also want to get a septic system installer out there and see about getting an estimate.  That, after contacting the city and inquiring if they also installed sewer lines along side the water lines?  

BTW, I did check to see if there are any new listings today. A few - highly overpriced - properties that aren't anywhere near the acreage I'm looking for.  75 grand per acre? Are these people insane? 

Whatever the case, I was get into some things here, but I have decided the time spent in bed sleeping a better idea.

G'nite.  


No comments:

 Saturday - afternoon It only took an hour to unload the truck.  It took a combined 25 minutes, however, to get security guards to the scale...